Dedicated gold gear trailer?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a small canopied trailer, similar to a tradies trailer but maybe smaller, just for my gold gear.

Does anyone already do this?

Because my father will most likely build it from scratch, I can have it completely customized to suit whatever I need, and might even have jacked up a bit for ground clearance, seeing as will be towed behind the pajero, and will be out in some rugged ground.

Thoughts on this?

Cheers, Paul.

Good idea, when I used to go out riding with some mates they would take the whole big BBQ on the trailer and cook on the trailer.

If there is room next to the trommel for the bbq that is..... :rolleyes:

Dozer & ChrisM have a box trailer that they carry all their prospecting equipment in.
Mesh sides with I think Heavy poly or nylon covers......fold out rear door....they certainly are able to pack up quick when heading home.
Dozer likes to take home concentrate to pan out at home......he then returns the rocks to the creek. Plenty of room in their trailer for this.
Cheers.

Sounds great.
Think about including somewhere to sleep.
Look at the caravan forums regarding weight distribution and stability.
Post pictures, it should be great.

I like the Yanks setup...

A horse float would be good to start with, but ideally you'd want it a 4x4 kind of trailer

farmeroz said:
I like the Yanks setup...

A horse float would be good to start with, but ideally you'd want it a 4x4 kind of trailer

You could put the axle under the springs and put bigger diameter wheels on it.
That would give you the ground clearance.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm going to start drawing up plans with the old man, and see what we can come up with.

Cheers, Paul.

I'm about 80% finished refurbishing a 6x4 builders box trailer specifically for gold prospecting.
Rooftop tent will go on top (be glad to get that off the van) all gold gear in the trailer plus shelving for camping and cooking gear.
Have to finish wiring for 2 spare batteries so they can be charged whilst on the move and charged via portable solar panel.
My van (Delica Spacegear lifted) has agm 120amp battery which will be for fridge but that still needs to the ok from the minister of war and finance.

Was sick and tired of lugging all gear in the van so plan is to have the trailer so can rock up to camp, be set up in 5-10 mins and if needed can throw any necessary gear in the van to get to anything that needs to be accessed by rugged 4wd tracks. Trailer is then set up as a base and keeps the vehicle free to do day trips to wherever.

Hi Goldstreak,

Did you ever get anywhere with this?
I was fooling around with the idea a while back for a camping motocross/toy hauler trailer.
Had fold down walls for beds and pop top roof, with a fold down back door, which possibly could have also been covered also.

This was my idea to date (note there is a lot of detail to figure out, an was purely fooling around with ideas and learning how to use sketch up at the time)

1417156633_trailer_in_travel_mode.jpg

trailer in travel mode (no wheels and shite detailed as yet)

1417156765_trailer_framing.jpg

This was the framing for the fold down walls, probably gone over kill with the bracing.

1417156834_trailer_poptop_partialy_scun.jpg

This was a pop top idea i had, was thinking bonnet struts to assist with lifting up?

1417156887_trailer_with_beds_down_not_scun.jpg

This was with the beds folding out

1417156912_trailer_with_beds_down_not_scun_2.jpg

Different angle

1417156935_trailer_all_beds_out_and_back_door_down.jpg

This was hole kit and caboodle, with back door tent concept aswell

1417156983_trailer_all_beds_out_and_back_door_down_2.jpg

Different angle.

I wanted to incorporate a cooking station some how and also a esky or fridge part also, hadn't got that far yet

Maybe it will give some one some ideas,

Cheers, :D

Latest posts