de Havelland Tour of the Georgetown Mining District

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I understand that the above book is quite rare, but what money are they selling for?

Sold my 2 Copies of Gold and Ghosts Queensland ( covers different areas) about 4 years ago for $500 x 2 to a Queensland Detector operator. Ditto my 2 G&G WA books also to a Queenslander the year B4.

I used the WA books, not so the Qld books, To me they provide a lot of potential detecting spots and how to get there. In the case of WA these area may well have been detected in the past with older technology machines still leaving stuff for later operators. Alternatively they provide a base to work out from, keeping in mind, existing lease holders the need for 40E's and searching out pending sites.

Don't know the current prices but seem to be around $500 each for a long time, ( I think the Qld books are rarer so could be more).

The originals volumes (hard cover) are worth a good quid the paper back's not the same value but still worth a few hundred. Hard back's in excellent to very good condition are very rare and worth in excess of $600.00 each. The price people ask is generally inflated due to the accepted price of the top quality originals.

So are you looking to buy or sell.

RM Outback said:
The originals volumes (hard cover) are worth a good quid the paper back's not the same value but still worth a few hundred. Hard back's in excellent to very good condition are very rare and worth in excess of $600.00 each. The price people ask is generally inflated due to the accepted price of the top quality originals.

So are you looking to buy or sell.

Maybe sell.

Latest posts