DD Jackie & Jaffa

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The DD's left our camp at the Ridge this morning to travel to Uni commitments at Armidale. Unfortunately Trent & Jackie were both under the weather :( while they were here but still had a look around the Ridge the Grawin the Sheepyards & Glengarry. I think he (DD) has the 'opal fever' now as well as the 'gold fever'. :rolleyes: No opal found but the opal mining experience is something else. They had a dig in our claim but nothing was found there (unfortunately). Went to a friends claim at The Grawin & they found a bit of potch & colour, Hope all goes well with the uni & we will catch up with you in the golden west later in the year. Travel safely new friends. :) Been great meeting you all (including Jaffa).

Cheers
ran Bob Saski & Allie

We arrived safely back at Uralla today to do some more Uni work. Must just be a two day bug as we are feeling a bit better now. Spent most of the trip here thinking about gear I will need when I buy kens mine :D. Damm gold fever was bad enough, reckon I definately have the first stages of opal fever also ;) . We had a great time out there and appreciate the time you guys spent giving us guided tours. Can't wait to get back to the west in a few weeks, see you guys when you come over.

Take care
DD

Ps Jaffa also thanks you for his chicken wings :)

DD Uralla is a nice spot to play in the river, last time up there the gold was ok but on the fine side glad to hear ya had a good time underground.
Hopefully catch up again with you all.
Cheers
Skip

Definatley a good spot to camp skip as its free ;) . Thought I had a big parti sapphire like the one Wal got today, on closer inspection it was just a big marble lol :( . Got a couple of grams of yellow highbanking today while I was avoiding my maths assignment. Very fine but plenty of it.

DD

Good the hear the three of you are well and on to a bit of gold the dryblower turned up today off to tuena this weekend
to get at the gold stay safe...
Cheers Dave...

Hi DD, I've got the same problem as you except mine is sapphires. Went to Rubyvale with the intention of doing a couple of weeks digging then head to Clermont chasing nuggets but when at Rubyvale I found a nice flawless dark blue sapphire plus I seen a few nice stones (a golden yellow and some nice greens) the neighbours got and that was it, I was addicted, didn't get to Clermont that trip.
A mate and I are thinking about taking over a lease up that way but it will be a lot of work getting it up and running, it's only a couple of holes in the ground at the moment. If I get a bit bored with that I can go up the road for a couple of weeks detecting. :) Mick

Doesn't take much does it Mick, :D Only need to get a couple of good sapphires and that "gold Fever" seems to cure for a while and that lousy "Sapphire Fever" seems to kick into overdrive....How good is it to be knocked down with two "fevers" at the same time :eek: ....Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts