CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, the florin pile from this week is looking pretty good, bagged another one today at my first honey hole, there is virtually nothing left there now, all I got was $6 and the florrie plus a few BB's. Went back with the 17"coil just to see what I had missed, the florrie was about a foot down at least. Will have to wait for soccer season to get under way before I bother hitting there again.

Will clean them up next week, I've got a cut in my finger and well anyone who has tried using citric acid with cuts will know it's no fun at all. :)

1489206231_20170311_151156.jpg

1489206231_20170311_151205.jpg

numpty said:
nice Heatho, those honey holes just keep giving :Y: :)

They are large areas Numpty so it's difficult to cover every square inch, but yeah this one you really need to work hard for good finds now, at first there were coins coming out everywhere with minimal effort.

Cheers fellas, seems the florins come in runs for me, don't get any for months and then several in a week, makes you wonder.

Probably tonnes of silver in the ground from old coins people lost B5, finding them is the hard part. :)

Had a swing down at Manly beach today but only got about 10 bucks and a fair bit of trash. I mainly went there to test out the new pinpointer that I bought from Nugget, the Garrett AT pro, really happy with the performance of it, it's light years ahead of the minelab one which will be just used as a backup now. Garrett really nailed it with this pinpointer.

It is a very good pinpointer, it has a range that would easily be double the minelab one in it's hottest setting and does not false at all like the minelab one does.

Haven't used it in the water yet, are you using the ML one Dan? Mine falses badly in salt water too.

I'll give it a go next time and post the result in here.

Another nice florin Heatho, about time you cleaned out the honeyhole. :D The AT Propointer works fine on the beach, might need to retune once to counteract the salt - my favourite pinpointer so far (will see how the XP Mi6 unit goes). :)

Hi Heatho,
Glad to see you are happy with the garret PP purchased from Nugget, you beat me to it by milliseconds, gone to a good home though, enjoy.
Cheers, SinHof.

Minelab sorely need to address the age of the Pro-find, way overdue for a replacement with so many more capable units out there. Either way, the Pro-find drives my Deus crazy, hence palmed it off to the missus. :D

They sure do GP, yeah my pro-find upsets the CTX if it's close to the shaft or coil. The garrett only upsets it very close to the coil. If I do a CTX noise cancel with the pro-find on it will toally eliminate the interference but there must be cost in regard to sensitivity maybe..

Latest posts