"CRUSHER" finally up and running

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dwt said:
rc62burke said:
Hey Dwt

Mate here is a little info on Greenstone, just a little light reading. ;)
http://geology.about.com/od/rocks/ig/metrockindex/rocpicgreenstone.htm
cheers
Lee
Thanks rc62burke, being about as geologically minded as a box of tasty "Sanitarium Honey Wheats", i really struggled with some of those extremly large unpronounceable words, leaving me with a feeling of anxiety, and an extremly heavy nose bleed.
I do however appreciate the thread, i did work out from it that green stone is super extremely old but none of the pictures on the thread look similar to the one i have posted, i worked with a bloke from WA and he seems to think over there this stuff is GOLD bearing, i am yet to prove that theory locally (GT),
thanks again mate any extra info would be greatly appreciated..... ;)

No worries mate information is the key in this game IMHO the more the better!!!!!!!!
It is a bit hard to tell from your pic, it could be a number of things, most likely up my way is just Ironstone, what you have is an inclusion within the quartz, quartz would be the inclusion in typical Greenstone formations, Yes Greenstone is considered an indicator to mineralisation & gold bearing ground, In WA it is sort after as an indicator & the Yanks love it too.
Have you had a look at a Geo map of your area or any "Exploration reports" etc??
Good luck & get a Crushing.
cheers
Lee

rc62burke said:
dwt said:
rc62burke said:
Hey Dwt

Mate here is a little info on Greenstone, just a little light reading. ;)
http://geology.about.com/od/rocks/ig/metrockindex/rocpicgreenstone.htm
cheers
Lee
Thanks rc62burke, being about as geologically minded as a box of tasty "Sanitarium Honey Wheats", i really struggled with some of those extremly large unpronounceable words, leaving me with a feeling of anxiety, and an extremly heavy nose bleed.
I do however appreciate the thread, i did work out from it that green stone is super extremely old but none of the pictures on the thread look similar to the one i have posted, i worked with a bloke from WA and he seems to think over there this stuff is GOLD bearing, i am yet to prove that theory locally (GT),
thanks again mate any extra info would be greatly appreciated..... ;)

No worries mate information is the key in this game IMHO the more the better!!!!!!!!
It is a bit hard to tell from your pic, it could be a number of things, most likely up my way is just Ironstone, what you have is an inclusion within the quartz, quartz would be the inclusion in typical Greenstone formations, Yes Greenstone is considered an indicator to mineralisation & gold bearing ground, In WA it is sort after as an indicator & the Yanks love it too.
Have you had a look at a Geo map of your area or any "Exploration reports" etc??
Good luck & get a Crushing.
cheers
Lee

NOW that i could understand thanks mate, will have to do some research... 8)

Did you get any result out of the conglomerate? I've seen this pack locally, couldn't put a dint in it.....at least not enough for a true test pan. Id be surprised if it wasn't the same stuff looks bang on been needing to go back with a sharp edge.

Goldtarget said:
Did you get any result out of the conglomerate? I've seen this pack locally, couldn't put a dint in it.....at least not enough for a true test pan. Id be surprised if it wasn't the same stuff looks bang on been needing to go back with a sharp edge.

Howdy mate, the conglomerate i have been crushing has allways produced some gold.
Some amounts larger than others, i havnt been able to work out a way to discover which parts of the conglomerate bear the most gold,but i allways go for the stuff that holds visible lines of ironstone and some black sands,
1396822661_7_april_2014_001-optimized.jpg

1396822695_7_april_2014_002-optimized.jpg

I have made a path way in the front yard with the stuff.....(got bored on day)
1396822749_7_april_2014_005-optimized.jpg

This one took some lifting in the back of the ute, the mighty "bullvye" (dog) might be sniffing out some Au i hope.....
1396822749_7_april_2014_003-optimized.jpg

If you do have some laying around by all means let me know and we will crush some up for you, :cool:

It usually takes some jackhammer work to break it down to drop into the crusher, (6"x4") i scored a sweet deal of ebay a while ago so i have that coverd.

Latest posts