"CRUSHER" finally up and running

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IM guessing this is the right spot to start this thread....
Finally got my crusher up and running after some bearing and pulley change outs she is back on track and smashing some rock, she has been sitting idle for a while at my brothers place while i did some mods to her and set up a sluicing platform and dam for her on our block, i only have pics of using it today i will throw some more up when its set up at home with the sluice box.......
The cover gaurds are off for photographic purposes only........ :rolleyes:

1396681750_sat_5_april_2014_006-optimized.jpg

1396681750_sat_5_april_2014_005-optimized.jpg

It has a primary jaw crusher above the secondary disintigrator
1396681750_sat_5_april_2014_009-optimized.jpg

It can make real quick work of cemented clays and hard rock
1396681750_sat_5_april_2014_013-optimized.jpg

And now all i have to do is get the clean up sluice set up underneath it and im on my way
1396681750_sat_5_april_2014_014-optimized.jpg

1396682524_sat_5_april_2014_016-optimized.jpg

Better get "sluicy lucy" going Dr, there is a lot of fines heading your way......SAMPLE.......SAMPLE......SAMPLE....... 8)

Looks like a goer DWT. Should work well. Being such a fine flour does it often float? Like when your mixing flour with water?
Might be worth saturating it before it hits the sluice, kind of like a slurry?
Cheers
Reeko

Reeks said:
Looks like a goer DWT. Should work well. Being such a fine flour does it often float? Like when your mixing flour with water?
Might be worth saturating it before it hits the sluice, kind of like a slurry?
Cheers
Reeko
Yeah mate, it will come out of the crusher down 4-500mm s/steel plate of 9-10 slope before entering the sluice also we have dug a water storage dam just to feed the sluice and it will also be running truck wash (CT18) to break the surface tension of water and allow the small heavies to sink, the screens can be changed out so you can govern the size of the fines.
PS i didnt build this unit, i purchased it some 4 years ago and have just been making some changes to it to suit my needs, just thought i would clarify that, :cool:

Yeah looks like a good unit.
Be good to see a vid when it's all up and running.
It would be great to have the room to do what you're doing.
Reeko

Thats a handy looking unit dwt. have you thought about incorporating a a pulsation fluid bed into your recovery chain?

DWT, you are certainly living the dream with your boy toys, mine anyway. I grew up having plenty of space, big sheds and plenty of machinery to muck around on.

The unfortunate reality; the better half convinced me to move to the city and purchase an overpriced single garage,(albeit with some bedrooms attached). I keep dwelling on the fact that this situation must be dam right unconstitutional; all prospecting minded blokes deserve multiple man caves and plenty of space to park the odd 100t of scrap metal, make a racket busting rocks and generally be free to accumulate the essentials of life.

Looking forward to seeing some of your yellow flakes very soon, well done. :p

( :rolleyes: might need to start looking for a block with a real shed and some good country nearby)

Wally69 said:
DWT, you are certainly living the dream with your boy toys, mine anyway. I grew up having plenty of space, big sheds and plenty of machinery to muck around on.

The unfortunate reality; the better half convinced me to move to the city and purchase an overpriced single garage,(albeit with some bedrooms attached). I keep dwelling on the fact that this situation must be dam right unconstitutional; all prospecting minded blokes deserve multiple man caves and plenty of space to park the odd 100t of scrap metal, make a racket busting rocks and generally be free to accumulate the essentials of life.

( :rolleyes: might need to start looking for a block with a real shed and some good country nearby)

Hey Wally
Just thought I show you my workshop'ssss & area I have to build prospecting stuff. The only issue is not enough time or money.

Awesome crusher, are you working a lease??
As has been mentioned I think you will need to pre wet the material before it hits the sluice.

rc62burke said:
Wally69 said:

Hey Wally
Just thought I show you my workshop'ssss & area I have to build prospecting stuff. The only issue is not enough time or money.

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/rc62burke/MyBlock_zps6b9b258b.jpg

Awesome crusher, are you working a lease??
As has been mentioned I think you will need to pre wet the material before it hits the sluice.

:p drooooooool.

Yes, time and cash are the other parts of our hobbie, at least in theory self-funding is a possibility. As for time, I can't wait for an early retirement. ;)

Damn dwt...that's one hell of a bad boy.
{standing my crusher side by side im feeling a sense on inadequacy} Looks like another trip to the therapist.... :p
Love to see a video of it in action mate
Happy crushing
Cheers
Chris

gcause said:
Nice one dwt! Just put a bagging unit on the end instead of a sluice and sell the concentrates instead you will make a killing like they do in the USA :)

Not a bad idea, i was thinking of building one similar and doing mobile crushing for prospectors and small scale mines, havnt got that far yet, the lure of seeing the yella at the bottom of a pan has taken me by the curleys so i havnt gone further than just a basic frame with a motor on it.......that was over 18months ago...... sheeez, talk about to many projects on the go...... :rolleyes:

dwt said:
jethro said:
Thats a handy looking unit dwt. have you thought about incorporating a a pulsation fluid bed into your recovery chain?

Sorry to come accross as a dumb A## but whats a pulsation fluid bed, i have a basic idea.....i think....

A pulse jig fluid bed uses a pulsed water pressure / flow to stop the lighter or waste material from settling and not allowing the heavier concentrates to collect by keeping the waste / gold / mineral slurry in fluid suspension it allows the finer gold particles settle out into the collection point. see these guys for an explanation. they had a pulse jig at one of the PMAV expos a few years back. http://www.gekkos.com.au/processes/gravity-concentration . Google knellson bowls as well, Harder to build but very efficeint as they use centrifical force to multiply the difernence in specific gravity between waste & mineral concentrates.

Gedday there DWT .. Great machine you've got there .. And idea on how much material/ore she can handle per hour as yet? .. About to join the crushing club myself, so keen to know what yours can handle.
Best Regards and Good luck to you mate.

Palmer Digger said:
Gedday there DWT .. Great machine you've got there .. And idea on how much material/ore she can handle per hour as yet? .. About to join the crushing club myself, so keen to know what yours can handle.
Best Regards and Good luck to you mate.

howdy Palmer Digger, before i threw in a few mods, cemented clays/conglomerate, was upwards of 1.5 ton p/h
1396768013_sat_5_april_2014_007-optimized.jpg

.......hard rock/quartz with green stone, quartz with traces of basalt 600-800kilos p/h
1396768183_016-optimized.jpg

I am only guessing the green stone'y stuff is called green stone...cos it looks green in colour.......dont know the correct name for it, but its as hard as a cats head, these weights are if your really pushing it, if you wanted to do it easy and not risk damaging some parts then i would definetly halve these amounts... 8)

rc62burke said:
Hey Dwt

Mate here is a little info on Greenstone, just a little light reading. ;)
http://geology.about.com/od/rocks/ig/metrockindex/rocpicgreenstone.htm
cheers
Lee
Thanks rc62burke, being about as geologically minded as a box of tasty "Sanitarium Honey Wheats", i really struggled with some of those extremly large unpronounceable words, leaving me with a feeling of anxiety, and an extremly heavy nose bleed.
I do however appreciate the thread, i did work out from it that green stone is super extremely old but none of the pictures on the thread look similar to the one i have posted, i worked with a bloke from WA and he seems to think over there this stuff is GOLD bearing, i am yet to prove that theory locally (GT),
thanks again mate any extra info would be greatly appreciated..... ;)

Latest posts