Second screen for my jaw crusher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'Day Guy's one of the things I brought home off an old employer was screen I made where the measurements I was given were different to what the customer wanted so I had to make a new one to the right spec's. Now this left this old screen sitting my shed for years then the thought well it can sit infront of the jaw crusher output and release all the powder and rocks under 1mm. The screen is 180mm diameter 450mm long so running it at quick pace will sure get the fines out after the first past.

So I took this screen into work and rolled it true in the roller we have there, also made some rounds out of some 50x6mm plate for the roller runners and rolled some 50x5mm plate then at home jigsawed some 3mm plate for the end plates. Also at work I roughed down some 2" round bar for the drive rollers and left then 0.05mm above 20mm for a final polish on my lathe at home. I found 4 bearings at home where 20mm bore and 47mm diameter then i used some 75x20mm plate and jig bored the bearing mounts.

With the other rollers still need to machine then to suit some oil light bush's then the frame can be designed and fabricated.

Pic's to come but a heap of other jobbies in the way so it may take some time to get them up.

Cheers Bryan

Latest posts