Cricket

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a Queenslander, I found comments on the tv regarding the pitch conditions at the Gabba for the current Suth Affrikan test unbelievable. The test is over in two days and they are blaming the pitch being “too green”. Well, what are we paying these pussies to handle, except Warner, as he is finished due to his wife’s continuous comments. I thought it was a great game and the people that paid good money for their seats got good value. My comments only. Mackka

bit of a bummer that it lasted only 2 days
but that's it manpa, head and the african keeper proved it, if you chose better shot selection you would score runs ,if the track was so bad how come the last 4 for the africans second innings made most of the runs
and cummings said it was not a dangerous track
no steep bounce from a good length , but a bit of sideway movement and un even bounce
pat said it is nice to have a green top every now and then
better than a flat top with no result

Mackka why does one get the distinct impression that Warner is not on your chrissie list ? 🤔 🤣 🤣 🤣

The general standard of TEST cricket has lowered dramatically since t20 was introduced....wonder why? the Windies for example, the test team are paid $1000 per day for each test, and I have no idea about their contracts, but am under the impression that 90% rely on sponsors.
Now look at what the IPL pay.
green was picked up for $3.125 Million, for how many game? not sure.
but Starc had a contract for $900,000 which worked out, for all the games he played, maximum 4 overs a game, at $3100 + per ball he bowled.
T20 really is the death of "proper cricket. Add to that, we now need kayo or foxtel to watch 1 day games or any overseas games, and interest in general drops, out of sight out of mind.
Add the woke factor and political stances by sports persons, and you get another divide, about 50/50 strangely enough.
Some examples are BLM taking a knee, climate change and Lbgtqi, examples, rugby union, the sea eagles, climate change Cummins the captain of the national cricket team, who represents ALL Australians who follow the game. No public opinions about any of these things has got to be better for the good of the sports. keep it game related, and and we all get along better, sports and interests like prospecting, golf, fishing etc are escapes from every day presures and the normal world.

Latest posts