Cricket Test - Aus vs England 2021

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great game. Great bowling effort. Maybe the fact that Boland is a new fresh inclusion to the team the English players really hadn't studied or had a chance to study his action. No offense to Boland. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :100:

Really? Test cricket has come to this?
Boland bowled well....but did he really really just take 6 for 7 against an English test cricket side?
Has covid done this to cricket? Why are the poms so bad?
They are not committed. I would sack the whole team, managers, coaches, the board, the lot. 3 pathetic tests against a once leading team in world cricket, and now they are as bad as Kenya or Afghanistan.
I feel a bit sorry for Boland, it's not like he just took 6/7 against a top tier team. It's a bit hollow.
Go home England cricket.......booooo hisssss!

I dont know mate, I agree the Poms hadnt put up much of a fight, but that bowling (4 overs) on that particular drop in pitch that was doing a bit was still a champion effort from Boland.

Ill happily and wholehearted agree with everything else you wrote but I personally thought that display of bowling was absolutely brillant, full of skill and craft. C&B, knicked off, bowled, lbw, what a package, all mastery and a dash of luck.

Just shows how good the Aussies did when they said the Poms dominated on day 2the Aussies still got a lead poms came in and got smashed by the Aussie bowling attack shows how good Harriss innings was cheers muk.

Bit unfair on Boland Davent, he was sensational, no two ways about it. Carved them up like roast lamb on Sunday. If anyone should be going home its the Channel 7 commentary team, just terrible, should be back at 9 or even better ABC .
Well done Scott Boland you have done your family, Fist Nations People and your country proud, hiphip hooray, hiphip hooray, hiphip hooray.
Mackka

Mackka said:
If anyone should be going home its the Channel 7 commentary team, just terrible, should be back at 9 or even better ABC .

Mackka
Memorable effort Boland, first class leadership Cummins surely you will lead the side until your retirement. :100:
Totally agree Mackka, if I do tune in, rarely, the sound is immediately muted.
Bring back the ABC.

Two comments that I would like to make:

Firstly, Scott Boland will go down in the history books as having taken six wickets for seven runs in an Ashes test match against England and being named Man of the Match. It is a record and an accolade that he earned and deserves. Well done!

Secondly, I rather like the Channel 7 commentary team. Experts like Ponting, Botham, Fleming and Copeland just to name some, offer their observations and insights on a game that has more tactics and subtleties than I could ever know by just looking at a muted screen. Alison Mitchell adds a nice rounded touch to the commentary.

The Channel 9 commentary was good for a lot of years, but with the departure of Richie, Tony and Bill became boring and predictable.

Col

I never said Boland bowled badly, he didnt, he bowled pretty damn well.
Did he bowl better than Mitch Johnson? No way!
Better than Lillee on Thompson? Nup.
Better than McGrath and Warne? No.
If Boland was that good, Starc, Hazlewood, and Cummins would all be worried about their spots, and I would still pick anyone of them ahead of Boland.
He bowled one good spell of 4 overs. if he takes repeats the effort next test, or the next one (assuming the selectors choose him, which Ill bet they don't) then you would expect that he would be chosen again......What are his best shield bowling figures?
he has 8 x 5 wicket hauls in 80 first class games.
His best bowling in a shield game is 7/31, which is pretty bloody good, but its no where near as good as 6/7 in a test match.
My conclusion is that the Australian Shield teams have stronger batting line ups than the current English Test team.
Boland is a terrific bowler, but he got lucky to bowl at a team of nobody cares batsmen, on a tricky and grassy pitch that the poms couldn't handle.

You can only compete against the opposition presented to you. Many great bowlers have cleaned up the tail in the past, does not make their efforts any less notable, after all they are paid to take wickets.

Very testing pitch bowl a good line and length pitch does the rest Harriss 76 gruelling and hard fought Aussies bat to a lead then poms explode due to a great plan and disciplined bowling attack cheers muk.

Mackka said:
A question Dave, did any of the famousbowlers you mentioned get 6/7 in a test against England?
Mackka
Nup, but Micheal Clarke got 6/9 against India in India.....
Don't think Micheal Clarke was ever selected purely as a spin bowler though.

Might add that Jason Gillespie scored a double century against Sri Lanka to.

Look, we'll done Scotty Boland, a very good bowling performance, but it was more of a pathetic batting performance than Scotty's great bowling. I reckon I could have got a wicket or two on that day. All out for 68.....an English test team bowled out for 68......

My Sportsbet account says Stokes and Bairstow wont last long after tea, and the Aussies will enforce the follow on.

Latest posts