Compact charging unit.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightjar

Contributor Plus
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have been using this compact unit I made up years ago and have modified as my equipment and needs changed.
Bolts onto the back of my ute and is connected to a deep cycle battery under the tray, it is charged by a regulated solar panel on roof. If needed a flick of a switch to activate a solenoid and the vehicle alternator tops up the battery.
The unit contains;
Solar regulator
300 Watt inverter
12v/240V battery charger hard wired into circuit so in long periods of cloud cover a generator can keep the batteries topped up.
12V charge for two Minelab batteries
12V charge for Lucky Lark battery
240V charge for two Garmin Rino's
Anderson plug so I can connect a fold up regulated 120W panel if the day is a little warm and the fridges are running more than usual.
Digital readout for solar input/output, volts & Amps.
During trips away a 39L Engel (As a freezer) and a 80L Engel Combo are fused through the unit.

Top unit mate, I have similar using a Fullriver 120 ah deep cycle batt, without the inverter as I have no need for one.
Mine lives on the side of the camper trailer, as I have another 105 AH under the bonnet.
I love solar, just keeps everything humming along.

1384678229_aa1.jpg

1384678249_aa2.jpg

Latest posts