Commercial prospecting machine I built

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just thought I would show you a prospecting machine I designed and built about five years ago. I built this for a mining Co. who were prospecting for gold in PNG.
It's modular, breaks down into manageable parts, and can be reassembled on site.
It was going into some of the most unforgivable and remote country. No roads, only tracks if that is what you call them.
I sourced Keene components for the build. They are the most reliable when it comes heavy metal recovery devices.
I built another one for a couple of guys who were prospecting in the Solomon Islands
Cheers Ryan
1376129284_image.jpg

1376129307_image.jpg

1376129344_image.jpg

1376129363_image.jpg

1376129380_image.jpg

1376129410_image.jpg

1376129431_image.jpg

That is an incredible piece of machinery Ryan :eek:

I hope you don't mind, but I split your post into it's own topic as I felt it would get lost in the other one.

Nugget.

Thanks Nugget,
No problem with the split.
I had a thought in regards to a new post topic.
Something to do with family and the kids. I noticed a lot of posts are male dominated. It would be good to encourage young families and more female members. The kids are being brainwashed in a lot of schools to be pro green. We will need the younger ones to stick up for us, when we're the old timers!
Just a thought
Cheers Ryan

That's a job well done!
Puts a few of the units you see on the Bering Sea Gold show to shame...

Great looking unit there Ryan, you certainly are one serious miner! good luck with it and I agree with the go green at all costs scenario.. like everything moderation and restoration is key!

Thanks Ag Man,
The mining engineer was impressed.
Yeh there is a lot of Agricultural Engineering out there.

TenOunce Tone said:
Great looking unit there Ryan, you certainly are one serious miner! good luck with it and I agree with the go green at all costs scenario.. like everything moderation and restoration is key!
Thanks tone
We need more kids out in bush.
I'm going sluicing tomorrow, if I see the endangered species of kids having fun in the bush I will post it.

awesome

Is the silver tank part of the hookah setup ?

was it sent up by sea in a 20 foot container or did you send it by courier in smaller packages ?

i have friends who have worked up there in past years and one mate just left to go back last week

PNG is one very very "unusual place"

the only thing i think you missed is a gunrack on the float for the guys AK47 when he does his cleanup

( most camps up there have a few armed guards )

G'day HeadsUp
Yes that's a stainless tank. This unit will take two divers, you can see the a two air filters up high. I had a mineral trader ask me to head up a dredging op in PNG. He had no security organised, so i politely turned the offer down.
All went in the mining Co. containers with heaps of other equipment.

Ryan27 said:
G'day HeadsUp
Yes that's a stainless tank. This unit will take two divers, you can see the a two air filters up high. I had a mineral trader ask me to head up a dredging op in PNG. He had no security organised, so i politely turned the offer down.
All went in the mining Co. containers with heaps of other equipment.

i wondered what those black things were

i have seen petrol powered hookah pumps with the air intake less than 600 mm above the exhaust

carbon monoxide and diving is not a pretty combination.

PNG ? ....... ;)

I dont feel like dodging spears , arrows and machetes either :eek:

Just wow mate! Goes to show the talent in Australia in design, i'll have two please.

Looks amazing mate and a fun build, I'm a boilermaker by trade but am yet to build any mining equipment, lol :rolleyes:

Latest posts