Collections - BIG and small

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I still like it! Best thing to come out of China ever. You realize that you could have sold it to me for a tidy profit. Thank goodness people on here are knowledgeable and honest!

My collection of Tobacco Tins from the mining areas of southwest USA , The old claims out here are marked with rock cairn (a large pile of rocks) at the base you will find the claim marker inside a tobacco tin or glass jar to keep the paperwork dry .
1644518438_006.jpg

1644518460_009.jpg

Good Day , The valid claim markers now need to be 3 ft high with claim# date & corner SW, SE. NW ect. Most rock cairns are really old & are no longer a valid claim , You can use this info to see if the land is open for claiming , The claim marker in photo is from Skiddo mine in Death Valley , The marker was outside of Death Valley national monument boundry .

Wow, thats some mean looking country.... those old timers did it tough back then. Have you been there ?
Did they leave you any crumbs to detect or dry blow?

Hi , Yes I have been there & had good pictures until my computer crashed!! , No you can't do anything this is part of Death Valley National Monument , Take only pictures leave only footprints

Latest posts