Coils for the GPX5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, we are off to WA early next year and are about to update our arsenal. Going to get the Sadie NF 8 x 6 for those river bed areas but need advice on the larger coil. Looking at the 16" spoked NF (considering the weight when using on a long day). Need the larger coil for depth. Any feedback really appreciated.

Anyone can give you personal opinion on whats best......is that what works for you?

Type of ground, swing technique, detector tuning, harness or not, headphones, EMI, ability to go all day in terms of weight etc etc etc etc?

Too many variables.....tread your own path dude! You wont go wrong with any large NF.

No one can tell you where you will find it or give accurate advice on a coil to do it for you. Its all speculative!

Merry christmas to you and hope you have a swell trip.

Regards ;)

As mentioned a difficult question to answer. If up in the Halls Creek area from my personal experience a 14" NF round would be be the best all rounder as there's a lot of Spinifex up that way and swinging bigger coils is very restrictive. Further down around Leonora and north to as far as Meeka a 16" NF would be a slightly better choice. I still wouldn't be in WA without an 18" NF round either, as this has saved my bacon on many an occasion.

If I was to pick just one coil due to finances it would be the 14" NF round. ;)

Good luck over there mate.

Cheer Wal.

Latest posts