Coil found Bendigo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the price of AU not a good time (not that there ever is :argh: ) to be leaving gear behind 8.(

I hope you find the rightful owner OldGT, well done on your part :clap: :clap: :perfect:

Ok Well if anyone sees someone out in the bush looking like this let them know.
1597144337_img_20200811_211101.jpg

i hope you detected the ground where the coil was found !

you never know what kind of omen it might be :) :goldnugget:

Goldtrapper. The whites 6DB was my first detector too. My wife and I found heaps of big nuggets with it. Early 80s. there was a lot of big gold around then. It had no depth ,but all the gold was shallow back then. I still use it for looking for coins and pinpointing in deep holes dug using the Z. This detector found so much gold for us I'll never sell it! wiley.

I got a Di 5900Pro, It is about the most powerful VLF ever made, It has some fancy tricks up it's sleeve that newer machines just can't do. and it has More Horsepower. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Ridge Runner said:
I got a Di 5900Pro, It is about the most powerful VLF ever made, It has some fancy tricks up it's sleeve that newer machines just can't do. and it has More Horsepower. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
A De Di Do million Pro what??
what brand of machine is that RR ?
Do you have some pics?

Ded Driver said:
Ridge Runner said:
A De Di Do million Pro what??
what brand of machine is that RR ?
Do you have some pics?

Yeah sure, I bought from the original owner who had never used it, I checked with Whites in Scotland and they told me how old it is and when it was sold.

It's The Whites 5900Di Pro Plus,

1597235063_5900di_1.jpg

1597235103_5900di_2.jpg

1597235156_5900di_3.jpg

1597235206_5900di_4.jpg

1597235270_5900di_5.jpg

1597235318_5900di_6.jpg

My parents bought a whites Coinmaster 5000d back in the late 70s and my grandmother and her friend bought another one around the same time. One was made in USA and the other made in Scotland. :eek: Neither were worth a cracker in the Vic goldfield mineralization, (rushworth) but they were good coin machines in quite ground. I found a 9ct gold mens signet ring with one of them. and another time a penny directly under a bridge spike. Detector was set high on discriminate at the time and I couldnt understand why it sounded good on the bridge spike until I scanned the hole again and dug the coin. :D

jethro said:
Perhaps the mods could start a vintage detector thread and split this one into 2

Start one with your recollection of family fun and everyone will jump in no doubt :Y: :beer:

jethro said:
My parents bought a whites Coinmaster 5000d back in the late 70s and my grandmother and her friend bought another one around the same time. One was made in USA and the other made in Scotland. :eek: Neither were worth a cracker in the Vic goldfield mineralization, (rushworth) but they were good coin machines in quite ground. I found a 9ct gold mens signet ring with one of them. and another time a penny directly under a bridge spike. Detector was set high on discriminate at the time and I couldnt understand why it sounded good on the bridge spike until I scanned the hole again and dug the coin. :D

The 5900Di Pro can work bad ground, With modern machines you can ground balance them but they still suffer from ground noise with the 5900 it can be tuned out completely and you can tune it like you do a GPX to get rid of outside noises, And the Depth you get on a modern machine with an 18" Coil the 5900 will do it with the factory coil and still have room to spare, :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Mine was made in July 1989. :Y:

Latest posts