Change.org Petition For QLD Fossickers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: Silver & an inaccurate one at that. His Graduate work experience placement must have done his research for him!

I reckon Simon is one of those deer with no eyes.

"You must pay $25.00 for the Miner's Right to prospect, which is only valid for a three month term and it restricts the size of the area you can fossick."
The WA $25 Miner's Right is for life & allows holders to prospect on Crown land with hand-held tools (such as a metal detector) and to take and keep samples or specimens up to 20 kilograms. There are some restrictions though - certain classes of Crown land may require written permission from the pastoral or mining lease holder!

"In all states and territories power operated equipment is prohibited. Power operated equipment includes mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, battery and electrical equipment and petrol operated machinery is prohibited in all states and territories. You may however, use a high banker in Queensland, as long as it is not mechanically operated and you must ensure that you refill the fossicking site with the fossicking material you remove."
You can use power operated equipment in other states for processing just not for excavating. Read more on SA, NT & Vic. as a starter Simon!
It's good that he has given you guys written approval to use a highbanker though. I wonder what the blokes in the field will think? I assume they will still think a highbanker is "mechanically operated" if you are using a pump, which it definitely isn't!! Maybe ask Simon to further clarify & educate his field rangers on it.

"The Queensland Government appreciates the popularity of fossicking as a recreational activity and the value that recreational fossickers place on gaining access to suitable fossicking lands in Queensland. South eastern Queensland has several sites where you are able to pan for gold that are close to the towns of Warwick and Gympie. These sites are the designated fossicking areas of Thanes Creek, Deep Creek, Talgai State Forest and Durikai State Forest."
Clearly they don't - a lot less then 5% of the total area of State Forest is available for fossicking in Qld. Ask them to provide figures of total area of public lands such as State Forest & then the total area of land available for fossicking. They would have or should have these figures readily available & it will be a very low percentage!

" and petrol operated machinery is prohibited in all states and territories"
True if your using a piece of machinery to disturb soil and such.
Does not cover water pumps as all it is doing is transferring water to clean your hand loaded static banker or sluice.
Very big play of words amounst that.
$28.50 is the amount we pay for 12 months to prospect in State Parks.
In reading that carefully, Check your Queensland rules about petrol driven water pumps for transferring water. If
you find that all is OK. Print and laminate the above letter and carry it with you. :) :)
A high Banker is a static, hand loaded device. There is no mechanical advantages about one.

yobskin said:
So i will get the highbanker ready mate...and prime the pump??

I don't think so Yobs, see what he say's here:

You may however, use a high banker in Queensland, as long as it is not mechanically operated

mbasko said:
:lol: Silver & an inaccurate one at that. His Graduate work experience placement must have done his research for him!

I reckon Simon is one of those deer with no eyes.

"You must pay $25.00 for the Miner's Right to prospect, which is only valid for a three month term and it restricts the size of the area you can fossick."
The WA $25 Miner's Right is for life & allows holders to prospect on Crown land with hand-held tools (such as a metal detector) and to take and keep samples or specimens up to 20 kilograms. There are some restrictions though - certain classes of Crown land may require written permission from the pastoral or mining lease holder!

"In all states and territories power operated equipment is prohibited. Power operated equipment includes mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, battery and electrical equipment and petrol operated machinery is prohibited in all states and territories. You may however, use a high banker in Queensland, as long as it is not mechanically operated and you must ensure that you refill the fossicking site with the fossicking material you remove."
You can use power operated equipment in other states for processing just not for excavating. Read more on SA, NT & Vic. as a starter Simon!
It's good that he has given you guys written approval to use a highbanker though. I wonder what the blokes in the field will think? I assume they will still think a highbanker is "mechanically operated" if you are using a pump, which it definitely isn't!! Maybe ask Simon to further clarify & educate his field rangers on it.

"The Queensland Government appreciates the popularity of fossicking as a recreational activity and the value that recreational fossickers place on gaining access to suitable fossicking lands in Queensland. South eastern Queensland has several sites where you are able to pan for gold that are close to the towns of Warwick and Gympie. These sites are the designated fossicking areas of Thanes Creek, Deep Creek, Talgai State Forest and Durikai State Forest."
Clearly they don't - a lot less then 5% of the total area of State Forest is available for fossicking in Qld. Ask them to provide figures of total area of public lands such as State Forest & then the total area of land available for fossicking. They would have or should have these figures readily available & it will be a very low percentage!

Hi mbasko, have alreaady asked for area's of land for fossicking, (set aside) and they can't or won't give me that. Yeah he does say Highbanker, but not mechanically operated. i.e. no pump or petrol or battery pump I gather.

cecc said:
Thanks AR.

Yeah Yobs what an ordeal, man they did their feet in don't they. Apparently in 2013 I think it was it was the Newman Govt that opened up those new area's around Warwick, it seems Labor is more reluctant. Looks like we'll have to get the Liberals onside. Yeah mate what a struggle.....I know who I'll be voting for next time.

Newman always said as soon as he became the premier he'd open up more State Forest to prospecting - that's because he prospects himself!3

Hmmm going to find out the Opposition Leader, and sus them out. Send them the petition and the letter etc, and see if they are sympathetic feel them out a bit.

Give Linda a call....you might enlighten her.
Most people i spoke with didnt know much about prospecting..or what it was?

Yeah I will Yobs. Cheers mate. Hey, should ask her out for a dig....and some rockin, and some banjoing, and panning.

Up to 356 on the petition.....took a long time to get to this number, bit disappointing thought we would get more.

Latest posts