Caravan Restoration Project

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tathradj

Doug
Reaction score
Got a new project. :) :)
I have been given a 1989 Siddons Cabanna Caravan and since it was so clean inside I have decided to repair it back to original condition.
The front and rear shells are rotted out and so are the roof rails. I have so far replaced the roof timber and about to start on the shells.
There is only very minor water damage within the van so that was the deciding factor on taking on the project. :)
It's all fairly simple wood work and fiber glassing so all systems go.
I also liked the size and weight of the van . It weighs in at 960 Kilograms and being a compact size, Tucks in behind whatever you are towing it with.
The image below is very close to the model I have. I will get some photo's soon.
1425856861_cabanna.jpg

Good luck with the resto Tathradj , will be very rewarding in the end , good call also with the price of vans .

Looks a good size for a bit of forrest camping.

Cheers

I did a van refit years ago,... new ceiling, squared the windows made cupboards, pulled out the divider wall, spray painted the walls, new carpet and lino,.. big job, but the enthusiasm of youth saw me through it in no time at all(back then),.. I hope yours is as easy Tathradj, just mind the fumes when your fibreglassing.

Thanks Fellers.
I will be using epoxy resin not polyester for this one. :)
Done a bit of glassing in my life and know what it's like. :) :)
Just sussed out the batteries and 12v wiring side of things. Gotta have some good juice flowing to keep the beers cold. LOL

When cutting the plywood lining use a stanley knife and a strait edge clamped down with finnished side up.. perfect edges that need no finishing.. small dents ect on the outside can be hidden by fitting a vent over them.. :)

Hi Gold Trooper,
I have one end built but not glassed as yet. Roof is finished of with a new canvas apron as well. :) :)
Checked the fridge out and it works very well and finally put a sniffer through the gas lines.
All Good.
Found one small problem with the hydraulic leveling system but that is only a small cup that goes in one of the rams.
Have had to put it on hold as one of the IT companies ahs taken on an old client and I have been head down and tail up
sorting a few issues out.
Thanks for asking Cobber. :) :) :)

Latest posts