Things learned from Tradies

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've learned many good things from tradies over the past month whilst getting my roof and some decking replaced.
Technology and material evolution marches on.
Re decking, you should check out the:
Macsim Drill/Countersink. When the skirt stops rotating (it has a rubber O-ring which grips to the deck), the countersink is at its correct depth for 10g decking screws (other sizes sold). It comes with two extra drill bits and a hex tool for replacement. Has saved me an incredible amount of time and effort and gives great looking results. Have done hundreds of holes on the 1 drill bit. There are other brands available, but this one has served very well.
1619165375_macsim.jpg

Then, on bogging/puttying old timber, I've discovered Earl's Wood Hardener.
Two of the more professional painters that I've had quotes from use this extensively BOFORE bogging rotten timber sections. Without using this the bogging or putty just falls out with more rotting. It restores the wood's fibres. Check out the ads. A bit pricey, but will add a decade of life to external old timber.
1619165802_timber_hardener.jpg

I have no professional or financial association with these products.

"When the skirt stops rotating (it has a rubber O-ring which grips to the deck), the countersink is at its correct depth for 10g decking screws (other sizes sold). It comes with two extra drill bits and a hex tool for replacement"

I hate it when my skirt stops rotating. Either the song stopped or I have fallen over drunk again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts