Bounty Hunter, Gold Digger

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
looking into the Gold Digger by Bounty Hunter and wanted to get some opinions. I have found out it reads up to round 2 feet deep to pick up a coin size target and it has automatic ground balance and automatic tuning so just wondering what people think for my first metal detector to get started is it a wise choice?
Thanks Guys
Hazbeen
(Al)

Gold digger is a very low end machine. You would be lucky to detect anything at 2 feet with one. I appreciate that it is cheap entry into the hobby but for improved satisfaction you really are better off with something further up the scale. Do you have a budget in mind?

kinda we got 3 kids and want it to be something we can take the kids out but also when we have babysitters something myself and my wife can head out and do what do you suggest. we dont want to be spending $1000+ on something that will be used 20-40 times a year

Hi al you could look at buying a bounty hunter 505 pioneer at around $200,I had a great time with my son on the beaches found around $3000 in coins and jewelry in two years hope that helps.

Badboybilly said:
Hi al you could look at buying a bounty hunter 505 pioneer at around $200,I had a great time with my son on the beaches found around $3000 in coins and jewelry in two years hope that helps.

WOULD that be $200 U.S. ? you might get a tracker 4 for that $,s in oz. I would save and put a bit more towards a better detector.
I never had much luck with a discovery 3300, after a about a year the ground balance adjustment went kaput. v.i.d was all over the place in all modes.
did the same ground with a m/l 305 and no probs. mbe a gotta bad one,dunno. not many peeps on the forum use b/h. some have started with the tracker 4 and
up graded. minelab 305 $395, ace 250 about $380, Tesoro compadre $220, silver max $459[ no v.i.d on these two] cheers.

Latest posts