bogans creations

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the start to a thread of mostly coin related jewelry made by me. I will start this off with something I made today which is for sale for $50 including postage. Set in sterling silver this would make a great Valentine's Day gift which is around the corner and is reversible with young lizzy on the other side. I will be getting some pendant and earring boxes next week so they would be ready to gift on arrival. also if you have a coin you would like me to turn into a pendant/earrings/charm I would be more than happy to work something out
8DBAE53C-664D-4C54-81B3-7D47F52E64D1_zpsqxycla6d.jpg

95A2F3B7-2E9A-49BB-8597-8CAB82DA6B17_zpsrfet023u.jpg

Thanks mate, I liked what my dad said about making jewelry out of what coins people have found instead of just putting them in a box. His way you have something nice to wear and can be a conversation starter when someone asks "what is that you are wearing?" Or "do you find much detecting?"

Hey rocket, no plating here just have the right tools to polish up silver to a high shine :)
Rj I will be making more coin rings, but I krefer to make them to order only because the need to be sized. I will post some that I made recently

Neat idea mate! Would definitely be a talking point, especially pre-20th century coins. Grandfather had an old 1880's or 1890's Australian coin, it had the image of the woman (supposed to be Queen Boudicea I think) with the shield and trident - no kangaroos, everything very British. It was a bit corroded but there's probably plenty around in good enough condition to do what you're doing with them.

Lefty said:
Neat idea mate! Would definitely be a talking point, especially pre-20th century coins. Grandfather had an old 1880's or 1890's Australian coin, it had the image of the woman (supposed to be Queen Boudicea I think) with the shield and trident - no kangaroos, everything very British. It was a bit corroded but there's probably plenty around in good enough condition to do what you're doing with them.

I think you will find the lady with the shield and trident is Britannia.

Britannia was the Roman and Greek term for the geographical region of Great Britain which was inhabited by the Britons and is the name given to the female personification of the island.

i'll be getting a sixpence done by you bogan as soon as i find where i put the bloody things.

have you got any pix of the coin rings?, i would be interested in looking at them too.

thanks.

hey lefty - i know my local coin shop has a britania , ill see what its worth and let you know.

numpty i have quite a few sixpence if you cant find it, i will try to post some photos today

Ramjet said:
Lefty said:

I think you will find the lady with the shield and trident is Britannia.

Britannia was the Roman and Greek term for the geographical region of Great Britain which was inhabited by the Britons and is the name given to the female personification of the island.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:'Rule,_Britannia!'_(United_States_Army_Strings).oga

Absolutely stunning rings mate! I attempted the ol hammer on the edge of a 20c coin to make a rim ( another method than your using here ) but was straight away could tell lighter and smoother tools needed for such a job. They are great bogan, thanks for sharing again!

AtomRat said:
Absolutely stunning rings mate! I attempted the ol hammer on the edge of a 20c coin to make a rim ( another method than your using here ) but was straight away could tell lighter and smoother tools needed for such a job. They are great bogan, thanks for sharing again!

20 cents is a lot harder material than silver coins.

Latest posts