Big Tides

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These big tides and low pressure system have taken away about three feet of sand at my local.

Already starting to find a few bits and pieces in an area that is thoroughly raped on a regular basis. Nothing exciting but nice to get a bit more from a flogged beach .

Any other beach detectorists taking advantage of this big weather at the moment??

1465115684_img_3118.jpg

one thing i can say is even though this area is thrashed a lot, having a decent amount of sand being removed and the tide washing things in means there is still plenty there, just have to look for the sweet spots and hit it above and below the tide lines

No swell here but the sand is at the lowest I have seen it a long time. Trouble is there is about 100 Acres of sand when the tide goes out and I can only cover so much ground each day.

My sinker collection has gone off the scales!

Few decent finds but they are few and far between.

Wish everyone would swim in one spot rather than spreading out over kilometres of beach, get it together people!

Clegy

Hi new to this hobby, been to the beach about 5 times in the last 3 weeks! Read sooo much about when to look and where to look after a storm etc! But only digging trash! I found $7.20 the first time, and thought how easy is this! Since then its sinkers, cans, bottle tops, ring pulls! So can a beach be over hunted! I see at least 2 to 3 detectors on the beach when i go there!
So should i be doing the wet line, or towel area, or where the waves break down old sand dune walls!
Cheers

X-TERRA 505, wanted something better but was worried the hobby might just be a 3 month fad! Then the machine would join all the other toys in the shed! But enjoying it at the moment! Just brought a pinpointer and a relic digger!

What area are you in? you need to look into beach traffic, how much, and the history of the area will help you look for the right dunes to wash away, also swell, wind and storm direction, all depends on what your looking for.

Latest posts