Best deal on SDC2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am very keen to start a new hobby in looking into buying a good quality detector I have come to the conclusion that the sdc2300 is most likely the best machine for me now what is everyone paying for it

For my research so far shows that there was some sort of program I think it was called detector connector or something It was a package deal sdc2300 for 3K And a GPX5000 for 5 k is this deal still going ?

My other option which seems to be pretty good Bendigo Gold have it listed sdc2300 for $3600 on the eBay if I bought it two days ago I would of been able to get $100 off So 3500 because eBay had a sale but I missed out haha

The other option would be to pick up a secondhand machine but for the prices they want for them it seems to be better to buy A new machine

Thank you very much everyone cheers Mitchell

Don't fart-arse around and get the 5000.

It may seem a bit jump, from 3 to 5K; but if you read what the serious detectors are using and finding; the 5K is the one to get if you are into ML.

If you can afford it get both , they compliment each other well. Ended up with both but not at the same time but wish I had . I use the sdc more than the 5000 now but only because I only get about I trip a month and don't wont to go home empty handed.sometimes the 5000 produces but always the sdc does. Still got a lot to learn though.

A 5000 would be good but at the moment the 2300 looks like the best option later on I can look at getting a 5000 I am new to this whole thing never ever done it before

The SDC is a good choice if you are just starting out, it's very easy to use and is great for perfecting your detecting technique. Once you find some nugs you're bound to get the fever and want a bigger deeper punching detector, so a 5000 or 7000 is a natural progression I'd say.

Just buy it new.

Pretty much can't go wrong with it, the 5000 takes a while to learn but the SDC should have you finding gold pretty quickly. It will get larger deeper nugs as well as the tiny ones that are shallow.

Only just noticed the one for sale on the forum, I'd get that if you're nearby and can pick it up.

All the best with it.

Best thing with the SDC is how well it ignores hot ground, including most hot rocks and charcoal. You can ring the neck out of a GPX and use small monos to try and match the sensitivity of the SDC but you are then digging lots of ground noise - depends on the ground of course.

I have the 5k but would suggest the 2300 for a newbie. A great machine.
I would also suggest getting a new one.
I would email all the suppliers and get the best price......
You might be surprised with a great deal.......
Being in Canberra myself I would highly recommend giving detect a den a call.....

Sdc to start off and work into a gpx. Both awesome detectors. If you want to find yellow straight away go the sdc and see if u actually like the hobby. Great re sale value on the machine. Even hire one over a long weekend. Any Detector is only as good as the operator. Sdc is very basic to use. GPX models are a lot more advanced with getting suitable settings.

Miners den has the 2300 on special this mth for $3600, I'm going to get one for our next trip to Tibooburra on the 19th ..it,s a Hoover vac ..2nd machine a Gpx and a Camo coil you won't leave much behind..

Yeah I'm definitely keen to get the sdc2300 sounds like this machine is a little gold vacuum cleaner :)

Hi everyone

Now I'm all confused lol I had my heart set on the sdc2300 but now I been reading up about the Garrett ATX which seems to be a lot better would you recommend this machine for a beginner ? Of course even machine I buy I will be paying for training

Personally I feel what your asking is apples and oranges despite some similarities (like saying all cars have wheels and gearbox and drive on the road )
It's simple economics for me. If you get an Sdc and don't like it easy to sell.
If you get an atx and don't like it well....There's a lot of negative opinions.
Each has its pros and cons but for consistent finds I've seen what those blue machines can do. Easy choice if it was mine to make.

Latest posts