Best brand of Rechargeable batteries.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A lot are made in China and the better ones are supposed to be made in Japan, can anyone suggest a good brand to buy?

I'll be ordering a set of spares soon for my SDC and was looking in a few shops yesterday for 5000 mah C cell rechargeables and good ones are difficult to get, a few shops online have them for about $35 a pair. American sites for $4 each, shipping would be expensive though.

I have been using the new NiZn AA's from china - so far so good , the terminal voltage is 1.6V and seem to have a better discharge rate than NiMh , dont know if they are available in C cell size as yet.

Cheers
Barry

I found the sdc batteries on a US www sight the shipping was the trouble it was about $90 that was just shipping the batteries were a good price regards john

Eneloop provide a spacer to insert a "AAA" into a C size for use but I don't think it will give much life.

Eneloop also used to provide a C size which when hacked apart was found to have 4 x AAA in it.

Do a search for "287461-Eneloop-C-amp-D-Cells-Exposed candlepowerforums"

I suspect that when Sanyo Eneloop batteries were bought by Panasonic they took them off the market along with the D size. Happy to be proved wrong.

The first thing to look at with rechargeable batteries is the mAH ie the C cell rechargeable supplied with the SDC2300 are 5000 milli amp hr.

Cheaper C cells are available, but they may be 3500 mAH, so will not last as long before recharge.

Then make sure they are the same chemistry metal nickel hydride NIMH are different to NiZn are different to Lithium etc. They have different voltage outputs, discharge rates and charging requirements.

That's before you even look at quality.

I've always tried to buy brand name or what the device manufacturer recommend, because the last thing you want is batteries leaking or exploding in a device costing 1000s of $. Or frying the electrics due to wrong voltage.

Latest posts