beach find

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, for some time I have been testing an area to give up its secrets relating to specimen size, more specifically, where are the larger pieces of chalcedony to be found in this zone. As I have month by month pushed to the outer perimeter of the zone, so too have I been rewarded with larger specimens. Generally, they have been well diguised, however the pieces have increased up to 450g. or there abouts, until recently I uncovered a lump weighing in at 1.84 kg. This is a solid specimen that resembles a quarter of a sphere..it will clean-up well and make a great back-lit piece. It's a good feeling to see results derived from observing and studying a particular area. It takes time, but you get to see nature move the playing field month after month, slowly revealing little secrets if you are prepared to be part of the process.As I gaze to the Glasshouse Mts.in the distance, I try to imagine the drama that would unfold when they were active..and here I am, millions of years later, literally picking up the pieces of that cataclysm..humbling stuff.

good luck everyone, mark.

Hi Goldpick, are you wondering what I meant by 'beach find?' I look for these stones in the littoral zone, that being the area between the land and the tidal mark. Is that what you questioned?

Not taree.. I was in qld as a kid and remember seeing crystals being plowed up in the cane fields ... :)
markaw said:
Do you know the geological history of Taree? What are the crystals like?

Latest posts