Be aware of flash flooding!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked for me :Y: no log in.
That's what I would call a gully raker
Makes you think about wearing headphones while detecting in a creek :8

So how is the rest of the state of NSW and VIC going? Are all the rivers and creeks so full that you can't get to the bedrock, safely or not?

Baz.

Worked fine for me and I don't do Farcebook. That is very scary if you don't have your wits about at all times.

It asks for you to log in but I just clicked the video and it played for me.

Kato and I were detecting in Eastern burbs of Adelaide, she in a creek bed and me above and up stream, the creek was dry
but it was raining so I kept an eye out.
5 min into it I told her to get out of the creek as it was flooding, she looked up but took her time, 2min later I got stuck into her
as this was becoming a flash flood, she got out just before the water hit where she was standing.

Stubborn child at times!
I have explained this threat to her a number of times, now she will listen.

:mad:

My young (much younger then) brother and I were snorkeling for gemstones in the Degrey River in northern WA back in 1977. At least I think it was the Degrey but it was a long time ago. We were working our way over some gentle rapids in crystal clear knee deep water when after a while the water became a bit murky. It took us a few minutes to realize that the water was getting a bit faster and deeper.

Once we woke up to what was going on we ran to the Subaru that was parked on the side of the water and flew down stream the 200m or so to the highway. By the time we made up onto the bridge the water was a turbulent brown mess below. The spot where we had the car parked was completely under water. We'd grown up in an area just outside Brisbane where we experienced floods each year so once we realized it was flood water we knew we didn't have any time to spare.

It's certainly dangerous stuff and when you're in these big fresh water streams the rain can be many miles away. On this occasion we had no rain at all before or after the flood.

BigWave said:
I had no problems watching and don't have a farcebook account.
Would that have been rain or a bursting dam?

I would assume it was rain that had fallen a long way from there and it just needed somewhere to go in a real hurry.

Had it been a dam I think it would have been all over the lame stream media and not just farcebook.

Sandbagger said:
So how is the rest of the state of NSW and VIC going? Are all the rivers and creeks so full that you can't get to the bedrock, safely or not?

Baz.
NO chance of drowning in the Louisa or the Meroo sadly.

Latest posts