Bazooka Gold Trap Sluice Boxes

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
excellent to know, thanks. I might have a play around in the Styx this weekend. Used to work at Bushy Park and can think of a few places that have good access there.

Hi Hurg,

The only place I have seen colours in the Styx is in the vicinity of Gold Creek, southwest of Maydena. Hard to access and difficult to find tiny colours. IMO not worthwhile. You'd be better off heading to Adamsfield where you can get gold, ossie and sapphires.

Miguel.

Is Adamsfield in a historic tenement? Would that be a no-go zone? Still trying to work out where I'm allowed to dig.

Considered doing a trip to Mt Mueller and trying there as I *think* that's state forest.

Hi Hurg,

A lot of the Mt Mueller area is inside the Southwest National Park and out of bounds, as far as I know. Adamsfield is in a Conservation Area, but it was specifically set up to - and the management plan allows - mining and mineral exploration.
Have you used LISTmap? It's a hugely helpful resource, and under the layers tab you can overlay reserve estate (where you can also click on a reserve and see if mining is allowed), geology, land tenure, google earth satellite pictures... It's pretty much my go-to place when I'm planning where to go.

Yeah, got onto the list the other night. Actually that's where I thought I saw Mt Mueller as a forest reserve (although, now that I think about it, I think it's actually timber production on the east side), but there's so much information on the List that I might be getting confused. I've been looking at the maps of old Tas mines in Google Earth and overlaying them with screenshots of the List maps tenements to try and get a picture of best places to try.

I didn't realize Adamsfield was set up like that. Will definitely consider that as an option now. What are the roads like there once you get off Gordon River road? Is a 4WD essential (Stuck with an old commodore ute I'm afraid)?

cheers

This showed up today. Only got posted on the 11th April so I was pretty surprised how quick it was to get here from across the Pacific. Looks like a nice unit. Can't wait to test it out.

Hello All-

The problem with shipping to Australia is Customs recently changed the package size limitations on imports, which affects 36" Prospectors and larger sluices. The 36" package size is conflicting with USPS rate quote rules and it isn't an easy change. Because of this the only automatic option on the website refers to UPS, whose rates are absolutely ridiculous.

Please let anyone who's interested know to call or email us for a quote. We're hoping to fix this issue soon but until then we're always happy to assist.

Regards,

Chris
The Bazooka Gold Company

Seems legit and consistent to what has been written here. Interesting there its no Australian distributor, importation by individuals on a single unit basis appears financially viable, has Australian distribution ever been considered?

We have been actively trying to acquire an Australian distributor. If anyone has any ideas we'd love to entertain them. So far working on an individual basis has been the only option.

Chris

G0lddigg@ said:
Hey sususydney

Why not add your bazooka to the classifieds youll likely get a few offers

Not ready to sell it yet but wouldnt mind to see an offer, as I only use it once.
still in the process of learning as where to prospect... and the Mini bazooka is a great tool to do a quick samples as it is light as a feather and small easy to carry etc.

Has anyone else given the Bazooka gold trap sluice a go?

They look ok but I just want to know if anyone has any experience with them over here before I buy.

Thanks

I have the smallest one i use when i need to backpack awhile back, love mine. i seen a guy run so much material that the water could hardly flow, thats when i bought mine. i will admit that i don't trust it much, but thats because its so different than what i am use to. but it does work and everyone i know that has them swears by them.

Hello All,

We've had a lot of inquiries regarding us putting a distributor in Australia.. And now we're happy to say that we have one! Lucky Dan's Gold Hunting Gear is now set up as a dealer, and they're working on getting their website up and running. If you have any questions regarding our sluices, please contact them and they'll be more than happy to assist you.

Lucky Dan's Gold Hunting Gear
PO box 7646
Sippy Downs
Queensland 4556
Australia

PH 0477585154

Email: [email protected]

Regards,

Chris Young, Manager
Bazooka Gold Company
:)

Just tried my 36" prospector for the first time at Deep Creek, Gympie. Shovelled the pay dirt straight in for a couple of hours. Think I did OK as I found a small nugget just by sifting through the concentrate by hand. Curious to see what I will get when I process it during the week.

Latest posts