Barrel classifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sism

Drewe Bantick
Reaction score
Yet another classifier approach (apologies if this has already been covered). I like it! - could be handy for those who are highbanking material that is out of pump/hose-reach, would cut down on the trips back 'n forth if the rocks are screened out at the ore source. Great for river sluicing! Interested to hear if anyone has made one already or has a variation on the design.

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbHtJ_2aJjg[/video]

Drewe.

That is a great classifier Sism.
Can handle much more material than bucket or traditional sieve types.
Awesome to classify a lot of material to take home to process as well.
It's great to see what other people have come up with.
The more creative amongst us, ( does not include me :8 ) can be inspired to invent their own variations.

Thanks for sharing.

Rod

A few of us were using these at Tuena when last there, similar idea. I just hose it through this old fridge condenser, it holds about 5-6 buckets. Great for clayey material.

9af9d80372679e40819d1b5dc3c5b70b.jpg

49b4b038a7ff3317e8cffb19030b842e.jpg

The extra sluice trays aren't really necessary as all the gold stays in the first one.

DD

Diggerdude said:
A few of us were using these at Tuena when last there, similar idea. I just hose it through this old fridge condenser, it holds about 5-6 buckets. Great for clayey material.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g423/diggerdude1/9af9d80372679e40819d1b5dc3c5b70b.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g423/diggerdude1/49b4b038a7ff3317e8cffb19030b842e.jpg

The extra sluice trays aren't really necessary as all the gold stays in the first one.

DD
Love this idea. Definitely going to try this out. Found on old broken worm farm at the tip. Had a similar idea in mind. Thanks for the inspiration! I'll have to make a long tom too.

Mr Sism said:
Yet another classifier approach (apologies if this has already been covered). I like it! - could be handy for those who are highbanking material that is out of pump/hose-reach, would cut down on the trips back 'n forth if the rocks are screened out at the ore source. Great for river sluicing! Interested to hear if anyone has made one already or has a variation on the design.

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbHtJ_2aJjg[/video]

Drewe.
thats a great variation of the concept, I first saw tgis on the gold hog videos. I use a square one rihht on top of my wheelbarrow when im digging away from water its great for screening out large rocks like you said lightens the load. diwnside us losing the clay ball

Beagleboy said:
joe said:

Joe,
Is this made from a garbage bin and a trolley? It looks very interesting. How does it work?
Yes garbage bin and super cheap auto trolley , have not taken it out for a spin but as soon as the sun comes out will do :)

joe said:
Beagleboy said:
joe said:

Joe,
Is this made from a garbage bin and a trolley? It looks very interesting. How does it work?
Yes garbage bin and super cheap auto trolley , have not taken it out for a spin but as soon as the sun comes out will do :)

Thats a great idea. I have an old 120 l bin at home as they changed our bins to 80 l. I was wondering what to do with it.
I saw on this forum someone has made a highbanker out of the bin a while ago. Was that you? It think that would be very light and durable and it has wheels. Just wondering if it works.

Thanks HTY and Beagleboy,

Yes that was me :)
Initially I had it set up in a straight line as per Walbanker, (for Sapphires) hoping this setup will achieve the same thing but easier to move around. The fact that its on rubber tires Im still able to giggle it left to right to settle the heavies down. I'm thinking of using the bread crate every second or third Hungarian riffle to catch the gems. Will it work not sure but doesnt heart to try. I expect to finish this project sometimes close to Christmas over the break.

It's more than half the fun - the tinkering and the finetuning ..... in the end we're left with something far removed from the original. Trouble is I'm now in need of a bigger garage. Really like your work Joe.

Thank you Mr Sims :) bigger garrage is what i said few years ago,put up a shed 18x7.5 on a farm exclusive for my junk and today I can't even move in there. Now I started cluttering the garage and avoiding the boss catching me bringing more goodies to play with , hmmm what to do.

Latest posts