Banjo pan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The website for the Mining Exchange Gold Shop in Ballarat isn't the best & is being upgraded, there is also a Facebook page for the shop that has most info & pics. I've spent some more time using this Banjo pan down the creek & it is going well, its worth getting. They are selling fast from what I'm told, but more have been ordered, they come in pink as well, bit harder to loose & might be popular with the girls.

just went and looked around the Mining Exchange Gold Shop and could not find any banjopans except for their video,plus i always get pis--d off with sites that dont put prices on the stuff they sell

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive , heaps of places I work around are old gold diggings and are now pine plantations ?? ,
Working in one today and over the last week we have found old shovels that were used by the old timers . Very old and very interesting to find ,
But anyway I wish I had a banjo as I really want to test the dry pan method ,
Just hope the one a friend is getting me is not pink . He did say to me "At least no one will steal it ". :/

Haha, I reckon you might have a pink one coming, they still find gold so that the main thing.
Could also try dying it with black dye, can't remember the exact product but there is a material dye that can be used on some plastic, alot of people do it to wheels for radio control cars, doesn't work on all plastics though.

Yeah I reckon it does anyway. Although I don't have much panning experience but have found it easy to use & I get gold with it, as do others who have tried them for the first time. Can shovel gravels straight into it but I normally classify first to get rid of the bigger stuff, can fit more in that way, then when down to a handful or so I tip it into the Garrett Super Sluice, clean out the matting & add that to the Super Sluice so i can pan off the last little bit. I just find that easy at the moment but with time & practice I'm sure I will be able to do more in the Banjo. I go pretty slow, but with the banjo I'm a good bit faster than I was with the Garrett pan on its own, I could go quicker but I just like to be careful & make sure I'm not loosing anything, with time will come more speed.

Thanks ozziii for the feedback. Would like to have a go at one of them, Mike Pung get's into it doesn't he big rocks the lot, and then at the end the old, 'Blueberry Bump'

Len

nicko61 said:
just went and looked around the Mining Exchange Gold Shop and could not find any banjopans except for their video,plus i always get pis--d off with sites that dont put prices on the stuff they sell

The website isn't that good, even the owner has said that, so its being upgraded at the moment, not sure when it will be done though.
But the Facebook page has more pics & prices & is probably the best & easiest way to contact the owner
He has a couple of orders on the way but I think it might be early Feb before the first one arrives, there was still some pink pans left the other day though.

nicko61 said:

Did you not see my post above? All the information you need is right there and the bloke responded to my e-mail with in 10mins and 45min before business hours

Pegleg said:
I saw these in Ballarat at http://www.thegoldshop.com.au/ I was just poking around and the storeman was busy with a customer so I didn't get to ask about them or price.

You can see them on the main page of the website but i can't find a price or order page for them. There was a stack just sitting a corner.

Edit, set off an e-mail and got a super quick reply. $60+ postage. standard buy more lower postage costs ect.
Group buy anyone?

Latest posts