Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok folks, we'll give this a go. I'll try to make it a bit harder so you have to do your research.

"Who am I, where did I live and how did I die?"

First clues,

I wasn't very old.

Late 1800's.

Nothing to do with gold.

Best of luck. ]:D

Cheers

Doug

Am I Joseph Byrne, of Beechworth, friend of Ned Kelly, killed Aaron Sherritt for giving police info about the Kelly Gang. Died at 23 of a gunshot wound during the gangs final violent confrontation with police in June 1880?

Flowerpot said:
Am I Joseph Byrne, of Beechworth, friend of Ned Kelly, killed Aaron Sherritt for giving police info about the Kelly Gang. Died at 23 of a gunshot wound during the gangs final violent confrontation with police in June 1880?

Even if it's not him it answers all the questions so I say your right :Y:. We need a Gold Start emoji for times like this.

That's better had the thumb the wrong way round :rolleyes:.

Flowerpot said:

Alas poor Flowerpot, not the one I was after but it is good to see you putting in some research.

Another clue.

I was only about 18 months old.

Cheers

Doug

Manpa said:
Am I Magdalene, 18 month old child who fell down the stairs of Monte Cristo House in Junee?

I read of a child thrown down the stairs by a nanny at the same house but did not find her name.
You might have it Manpa :) O

Manpa said:
Am I Magdalene, 18 month old child who fell down the stairs of Monte Cristo House in Junee?

Manpa you have it correct. :Y: :Y:

https://www.montecristo.com.au/history.html

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/4155946/junee-mans-haunted-childhood/

"Another ghost often felt in the main house is one of the Crawley children, Magdelene, who died after a violent fall on the staircase at 18monthsold.

The rumours surrounding little Magdelenes death include that she didnt fall and was pushed by one of the very disgruntled servants, Mr Ryan said.

The Crawleys, although upstanding citizens to the outside world, were not perhaps as kind to their own staff."

Thanks for saving me Manpa, I'm starting night shift tonight so I won't be able to look at the computer much the next week.

Over to you

Cheers

Doug

Sorry Flowerpot, I'm bigger than the adaminaby trout.

Clue 1; I am a big fish out of water

Clue 2; I'm over 350 kms from my natural environment

Clue 3; I travelled over 15000 kms to get here

Clue 4; I am over 295ft (89m) long.

Latest posts