Aussie Gold Hunters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also the first gold show I've seen where they use detectors - and having excellent
results with them too. Shows you don't need huge expensive machinery to be successful.

Lasseter said:
SPOILER ALERT!

One team melted down a five ounce nugget because they needed the cash - any ideas what
sort of price a nugget like that might fetch if auctioned?

Whose got time to hold an auction mate?

This is gold and this is income......smelt it and sell it to pay for the next cut!

Welcome to gold mining ;)

They would have got more money leaving it whole as a display piece there are a lot of collectors.

Lasseter said:
Also the first gold show I've seen where they use detectors - and having excellent
results with them too. Shows you don't need huge expensive machinery to be successful.

Yes, detecting is more suited to Australia as a whole compared to Alaska, Having now been to the Yukon/Klondike to see how they mine firsthand you realise that their placer deposits are made up mainly of very small gold, detectors don't provide enough return compared to other methods ..... my new best mate Tony Beets (just kidding) was amazed at the size of nuggets we find here, he was also totally aware that we can't rape the landscape as they do up there .... the expletives he used to describe authorities interfering couldn't be used in a family friendly forum.

Would love to see a USA show from areas where detectors do find gold, Cal./Arizons etc.

Doing "cuts" with dozers is not new (opal miners have been doing them for decades) and allows you to detect at different levels not detectable from the current surface which is actually heaped with old miners dumping meaning the "real original ground level can be feet/meters below what we see now.

Cheers Tom

Hi prospectors,

I thought I'd come out of the lurking shadows and say g'day.

I am one of the producers of Aussie Gold Hunters and we have been interested in reading your responses to our show.

We are hoping that there will be a 2nd series commissioned by Discovery Channel soon.

Feel free to ask me any Qs here or get in touch by email to [email protected].

Episode three rolls out tomorrow night on Foxtel at 7:30pm EST.

Regards

Diana

Great show Diana! If a second series would it be in WA again? I reckon the scenery
in Victoria is better, but might be harder to find the big nuggets :)

Welcome to the forum Diana, there has been a lengthy discussion about the show. Hope you enjoy reading the forum members opinions and hope you join in on the discussion.

I must ask that the forum not be used for any promotional purposes though.

All the best.

Heatho said:

That gave me a bit of a laugh ...... a small portion of the posts here relate to those who have actively downloaded pirated episodes from various sources they have quoted.
I say if they can mention that then let the legal owners/producers of AGP give their production a plug here.

Not in favour of Foxtel/Stan/Prestp etc etc ripping us off with their charges but........

Just purchased boxed set series 1 to 4 of Gold Rush Alaska, much better without the constant adverts .....
Then again I'm too technically challenged to get into torrents and pirate download sites.

Get out there and find some yellow.
Cheers Tom

Teemore said:
Heatho said:

That gave me a bit of a laugh ...... a small portion of the posts here relate to those who have actively downloaded pirated episodes from various sources they have quoted.
I say if they can mention that then let the legal owners/producers of AGP give their production a plug here.

Not in favour of Foxtel/Stan/Prestp etc etc ripping us off with their charges but........

Just purchased boxed set series 1 to 4 of Gold Rush Alaska, much better without the constant adverts .....
Then again I'm too technically challenged to get into torrents and pirate download sites.

Get out there and find some yellow.
Cheers Tom

Not worried about a little plug here and there Teemore I was more referring to any merchandise related stuff.

Re this rushing to get gold before the end of the season thing - is that really the case in WA? I'd
heard somewhere that in the summer months they just start early and finish before midday. Of
course they could also just mosey on over to the GT :)

Heatho said:

All the best.

I think we did all the promoting just by talking about it,

I think it is a tough thing to try and make interesting because the prospectors just want to find Gold and filming people swinging a Coil will only work for so long, But I would rather see more detecting than the cast complaining or making a fuss about driving a loader or the Excavator,

I like the show but it needs a bit of a lift with something that is a bit more educating because the info is a major part of Prospecting and I wish they would NOT keep repeating Clips 3 or 4 times, Twice is enough, Having done a lot of film work and photography the repeating sceens is something that comes from American documentaries and it really Sucks, and is a Quick way to make people loose interest,

hope this helps.

John.

All you need know John is that gold mining is a hard, back braking, hit or miss, cost v expense....ending in tears or smiles, operation!

I think the show portrays the ups and downs of this wonderfully!

Sure, there must be some camera candy for the viewers, but i love the way these guys n gals operate. :cool:

Top marks here!

Yeah I enjoy it, But where the flash back 3 or 4 times is a PITA, I watched the last in the series Monday a week ago, There must be more footage they could of used instead of padding out the show with flash backs,

So far the show has made one member look like a lazy Bugger who won't dig a hole without using Plant and that there is No One in Australia who can Mine for Gold that they have to import a Girl over from Canada to do the Job and another bloke looks like a bully,

I don't know what the editing guys are doing but that is what I see and it is the same every week, When the guy lost the keys to the Loader it made him look stupid, Because who on earth would go out that far in to the bush and not think to have spares of everything that was Vital, The first words that came to my mind was @*king Idiot, And how he is portrayed throughout the whole series isn't much better, Which I think is a Bit Unkind/Unfair to him.

John

Hi Producer and welcome to our neck of the woods.
Really must thank you people for showing the world that here in Australia can match what the rest of the
world can do. :)
But with much more challenges.
They have snow and water, We have desert, Lots of it and a massive lack of water.
I wonder if half of America has seen the Big Hole. The mine near Kalgoorlie. I bet they would gape.
As for the dramatization, I can see why you have done that as the Americans would lose interest real quick without it. :lol:
Anyway, Well done on your show and it is a real privilege to have you on board. :) :)

Ta for the welcome and feedback.

Some things (like repeats/roundups on storyline) are Discovery requirements as each episode needs to keep new viewers to the series up to speed.

Other things (like Greg losing the loader keys) were actuality! Haven't we all done THAT key thing that at some point in our lives :)

Greg was a good sport in letting this reality play out on camera..................because at the end of the day he just wanted to get back on gold. We [heart] the Gold Gypsies for their enthusiasm and tenacity.

Anyhoo we hope you keep watching the next six episodes and enjoy the hard work of the AGH prospectors on screen and all the gold they found whilst we were filming for the series.
Regards

Diana

producer said:
Ta for the welcome and feedback.

Some things (like repeats/roundups on storyline) are Discovery requirements as each episode needs to keep new viewers to the series up to speed.

Other things (like Greg losing the loader keys) were actuality! Haven't we all done key THAT key thing that at some point in our lives?

Greg was a good sport in letting this reality play out on camera..................because at the end of the day he just wanted to get back on gold. We [heart] the Gold Gypsies for their enthusiasm and tenacity.

Anyhoo we hope you keep watching the next six episodes and enjoy the hard work of the AGH prospectors on screen and all the gold they found whilst we were filming for the series.
Regards

Diana

It's a good show, all TV shows have weaknesses, I enjoyed watching all 8 episodes, ( I think there was 8 ) Likely for me it was on Quest at 21:00 and then on Quest+1 at 22:00 and then they put it on the next day at 12:00pm and again at 13:00 So I got to watch it all over again which was cool,

I hope you are going to make another series for a few years yet, The World needs some Good Aussie programs,

Thanks,

John.

Teemore said:

It's not even about getting something for free but who has the time to sit and watch something at a time someone else dictates. We even have foxtel (missus watches her trashy shows on it) but I'd still rather use torrents because I can sit down, grab what I want, watch it, do some work while watching what I want, take it to the toilet with me and so on. Sure, you can record with foxtel but that doesn't suit my needs to watch what I want right now if the show doesn't air till later or is behind in the episodes.

Latest posts