Aussie Gold Hunters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just finished watching the 1st episode and was very dissapointed in the quality of production and direction.
I might watch one more then chuck it.
Jaros :eek:

Jaros said:
I have just finished watching the 1st episode and was very dissapointed in the quality of production and direction.
I might watch one more then chuck it.
Jaros :eek:

Don't worry it gets better,

GaryO said:
Having watched the trailers to the show i was epecting something very tacky , but after viewing the first episode i didnt mind it.

It's ok, But there is one character who needs to pull their finger out,

John.

It's probably not as "polished" as the American productions & I don't think us Aussies are quite as comfortable in front of the camera as our seppo mates :)
Still if you take it for what it is it's not a bad show. There are plenty of worse ones around. If nothing else you get to see some different country & some gold :D

I bet they are fed up with the cameras filming their every move,

It's funny how we talk in Grams yet they always talk in OZT,

John.

mbasko said:
It was filmed over 2-2.5 years so any quoted gold prices will be lower than the current prices AUD or USD.
As they are making a living out of it talking ounces would obviously be more common place than grams. Most of us talk in subgram bits :lol:

Yeah, And in my case minus Grams

John.

Jaros said:
I also think they give the price per oz. in American dollars.

On the world commodity markets, gold is pitted against the USD as a measure of its value. ie Gold is valued in USD for global trading purposes.

What its worth to us in AUD is then a matter of conversion on current currency AUD/USD rates.

Im enjoying the show very much, camera antics aside, it should be an inspiration to us all.

Peace! ;)

SPOILER ALERT!

One team melted down a five ounce nugget because they needed the cash - any ideas what
sort of price a nugget like that might fetch if auctioned?

Ramjet said:
It is at least as good as the overseas offeringd6 and its Aussie so I'll watch it.

Well at leased it is home grown and I can see good folks doing their thing and I get to see home.

John

Any idea if they're making another series or was this a one off? I enjoyed it (the last episode, ep 8, is out there if you know where to look), I think it could've been better but then again, it was probably made more for the viewing public than people already in the hobby.

You're right too Ridge Runner, it's good to watch an aussie based production with aussie characters than the constant yank stuff.

HENRY!!!

Latest posts