Aussie Gold Hunters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lasseter said:
Ridge Runner said:
Homebrewer said:
Does any one else see the way she swings a coil. I reckon she would get twice as much if she did it correctly. I'm talking about the girl/guy couple who were ripped off.
And while on the topic I reckon, the dirt dogs boss was giving Lindsay a serve on the side?

Leave off, Lol,, The guy has 3 Daughters her age or there abouts :lol: :lol:

John.

Isn't he her father? (Think she called him 'Dad' on at least one occasion.)
She also has highly unusual skin - after allegedly detecting in the blazing sun all day wearing only
singlet and shorts, her skin wasn't even faintly red and no sign of perspiration on her singlet...

She most likely wore overalls most of the time and only got 1/2 dressed when the Cameras were around,

No his daughters have dark Hair.

John.

Redfin said:
cazalla said:
Do you guys think that the guy/girl couple really got their stuff ripped off or was that just to make the show a bit more interesting?

Lets see now, a few episodes ago they came across a burnt area of a few hectares which showed indicators and they got some reasonable gold.
So what do they do, pack up and go elsewhere????
Rule no 1. - Never leave gold to find gold.
Should have stayed and chained the area = 6 or 7 days.

A few episodes later she [ the pro detectorist ] finds her GPX playing up.
First thing we would all do is change coils as a process of elimination.
What does she do.
Drive 400k to Kal only to find it was the coil lead??????
Then 400k back to get bogged off the track?????

Then they "lose each other" in the dark?
What no UHF or GPS ??????

Meanwhile another couple have a target of 60 oz [or there abouts]
The have a huge dryblower [never used] and two other monsters that all chew thru 25l an hour.
They would need 150oz to break even.

Then anothe lot who want 600oz drag a monster dryblower 50k to an unknown or loamed spot.????

I could go on for hours.
Load of rot I say.

Redfin, I normally like most of your posts, but think that you have no idea what your talking about here.

1. The burnt area around the lake, think they got a few ounces for the week, nothing spectacular hence why they left.

2. The only people who spend 6-7 days chaining tiddler patches like that over here are Victorians.

3. The detector probem was a power lead, which any experienced person knows can have several different symptoms, either way, if you dont have a spare (which she should have) theres no point stuffing around, go get a new one.

4. That little dry blower aint 'huge', it sat on gumtree for ages cause its tiny and crap.

5. 25l per hour each machine! Learn a bit more about machinery before spruking random numbers mate, cause you arent even close. And when pushing the machine generally runs for about 10mins for over an hour of detecting , so even at your exagerated rates is still viable.

6. The last blokes with the big dry blower dragged their machine all that way cause thats how you bulk sample! They probably got more gold this week then you have in the last 10 years and you feel the need to get on here running em down?

Finally there is an Aussie show, with real prospectors for us to watch, be happy. Why do people feel the need to begin with the tall poppy bull shit? :rolleyes:

I like gold, I hope you enjoy the influx of new " prospectors" about to descend on WA due to shows like this.

ILikeGold said:
Redfin, I normally like most of your posts, but think that you have no idea what your talking about here.

1. The burnt area around the lake, think they got a few ounces for the week, nothing spectacular hence why they left.

Bulldust.....Where you find a few ounces a week is where I would be concentrating further efforts!

ILikeGold said:
2. The only people who spend 6-7 days chaining tiddler patches like that over here are Victorians.

Tiddler patches hey? Show us the gold that you have taken mate from your monster patches!!! We have an old saying in Vic and i bet your full of it.

ILikeGold said:
5. 25l per hour each machine! Learn a bit more about machinery before spruking random numbers mate, cause you arent even close. And when pushing the machine generally runs for about 10mins for over an hour of detecting , so even at your exagerated rates is still viable.

It all depends on the size of the machinery but i think redfins estimate would be a bare minimum. Your estimates of 10 for the hour would only result from pushing the pay streaks and gold runs.....what about the overburden attemps when your a tad off the run of gold??

ILikeGold said:
6. The last blokes with the big dry blower dragged their machine all that way cause thats how you bulk sample! They probably got more gold this week then you have in the last 10 years and you feel the need to get on here running em down?

Really, and you talk about running others down with your WA tall poopy bull shite???
Redfin would put those mugs to shame in a gold count and he wouldnt use 25lt an hour to do it.

Have a nice day ;)

Ok Group Hug, No Hug No Post, :lol: :lol: :lol:

It does get a bit weak at times but it can't all be 40oz nuggets and I would love to run that ground with my MXT or my 3500 and I am happy to just see pictures of Home,

Worse things happen at Sea aye.

John.

Numb_Thumb said:
ILikeGold said:

Bulldust.....Where you find a few ounces a week is where I would be concentrating further efforts!

ILikeGold said:

Tiddler patches hey? Show us the gold that you have taken mate from your monster patches!!! We have an old saying in Vic and i bet your full of it.

ILikeGold said:

It all depends on the size of the machinery but i think redfins estimate would be a bare minimum. Your estimates of 10 for the hour would only result from pushing the pay streaks and gold runs.....what about the overburden attemps when your a tad off the run of gold??

ILikeGold said:

Really, and you talk about running others down with your WA tall poopy bull shite???
Redfin would put those mugs to shame in a gold count and he wouldnt use 25lt an hour to do it.

Have a nice day ;)

Those werent guesstimates of mine, unlike you know it alls , I do this exact thing for a living and know the people your commenting on.
How much mining in WA have you wonderful people done?

Admin edit. Inflammatory word replaced with something more appropriate. ;)

What are you getting wound up about it don't matter if you find 10 grams or 10 ton it won't make you a better person, I found some and I am happy, and this is a hobby and to some it is a job, I could go in to that but I won't

Chill Out, I don't want another Bloody thread Locked.

Gold won't make you a better person, it won't let you live for ever and it won't turn you in to Elvis, So there is no need for any of this.

And yes some folks know more than others but we are all good at our chosen part of this hobby and the more ideas we share the better the Hobby/Job there is no right and wrong ways to a degree, Just lots of different ways of doing things and I am happy to learn from everyone so its all good aye, and I like that Idea.

HH

John.

Tathradj said:
I think this full moon is getting to every one this week.
Or is it cavernitus from all the rain. ??
To those who it concerns,
Keep it peaceful please. :D

Does somebody need a Hug :lol: :lol: :lol:

john.

Ramjet said:
Ridge Runner said:
Tathradj said:
I think this full moon is getting to every one this week.
Or is it cavernitus from all the rain. ??
To those who it concerns,
Keep it peaceful please. :D

Does somebody need a Hug :lol: :lol: :lol:

john.

I'll take one thanks John :D

Ok, One RR special coming right up, :lol:

1473980656_gorilla_hug.jpg

The doco. is mentioned in yesterday's "Green Guide" in the Age Newspaper. For anyone that way inclined episodes 1 to 7 are available on Pirate Bay. But you didn't hear that from me!!!!! ;)

Jaros said:
Discovery has Series1 Ep1 starting at 1930 hrs. tonight.

Hi
Does anyone know if this is available on the download, I work evenings and can't record the damn thing????

Cheers

I recorded it on Fox? Might be on the watch anytime section too?
Got to watch it this afternoon & I enjoyed it. It is what it is & good to see them having a go. At least they put their hands up & put themselves + their gold prospecting out there for all to critique. Good on them I reckon. Plenty of more experienced types wouldn't.
Good to see the country etc. over there. Oneday.......

watched it last night for the first time, makes me want to get over there and have ago, my wife looked at me when the husband and wife team were doing their thing and said 'that will never be us' apparently saying thats ok you can be the camp cook is the wrong answer, just a heads up for you other guys here

Latest posts