ATX new or second hand GPX4000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you already have had a 4000 and know how to use it I'd say 4000
Otherwise the learning curve on the ATX looks quite simple.

Personally I don't think the ATX has been out long enough to provide a fair comparison between the two. I've never used either machine so I can't suggest which one to choose, but as good as the ATX looks on paper, sometimes it's better to stick with proven technology at least until more independent testing is carried out.

Ultimately the decision is up to you and may come down to previous experience and trust in a particular brand, budget, availability, current wind speed and precipitation etc etc.

Good luck with your decision.

The ATX looks like an awesome detector like nugget said thought its hard to throw your money at something that hasn't been tested enough in Australian conditions, the thing that bugs me is you can get one from the USA for $2100 here its nearly $4000.
I know one of the big features of the ATX is it can be used under water up to 10 feet, if that's not what your after maybe the tried and true 4000 would be the go, its a well known fact that these find gold in Aussie conditions.

One really cool feature is the size that the ATX packs down to, it all fits in a nice neat little pack that's huge for me because I go 4wding/ camping quite a bit and you know what the missus is like, everything but the kitchen sink :)

I suggest writing up a list of things you want in a detector then see which one fits the best, if your unsure of the ATX take it for a test drive at one of their dealers surely they cant expect you to buy one without taking it for a spin. good luck

Latest posts