Atx first impressions - beach hunt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just thought I'd share my first thoughts on the atx. Took it to my local beach spot for 2 hours tonight. Thouroughly impressed! Altho I didn't find anything of value, I really enjoyed my first effort, will post pic of the results...

2 things to remember... I've hunted this beach loads of times in the same spot with my eureka gold.
Also the beach has been recently combed to expand the dune protection, I'm guessing they've taken a few layers off the surface.

Things I liked, pinpointer and iron check. The pinpointer was great but maybe could be be a little more accurate, maybe that will come with practice but I found it to have a variation of about 2-4 inches. Iron check great altho still picked up bottle tops and other junk, but great feature none the less.

The machine, altho a bit on the weighty, it atually felt like an extra arm. After an strange hour getting used to it started to feel like a part of me, very natural and comfortable. Much different feel to the minelab. And so quiet whilst scanning, when you pass over a target , you know about it lol

I took the 705 onto Henley beach last Week, I found a piece of wire, a screw and an old can opener that was more rust than opener.

It worked well.

Hey guys,

first off, sorry this post has probably been done a few times before, 2. i posted in on mine lab forum by mistake!! jeeze!!

Just thought I'd share my first thoughts on the atx. Took it to my local beach spot for 2 hours tonight. Thouroughly impressed! Altho I didn't find anything of value, I really enjoyed my first effort, will post pic of the results...

2 things to remember... I've hunted this beach loads of times in the same spot with my eureka gold.
Also the beach has been recently combed to expand the dune protection, I'm guessing they've taken a few layers off the surface.

Things I liked, pinpointer and iron check. The pinpointer was great but maybe could be be a little more accurate, maybe that will come with practice but I found it to have a variation of about 2-4 inches. Iron check great altho still picked up bottle tops and other junk, but great feature none the less.

The machine, altho a bit on the weighty, it atually felt like an extra arm. After an strange hour getting used to it started to feel like a part of me, very natural and comfortable. Much different feel to the minelab. And so quiet whilst scanning, when you pass over a target , you know about it lol

1408711450_photo.jpg

I found the best setting that I use for wet sand is a factory reset,(motion mode) sensitivity=13, threshold=9, iron desc=3(for wet) iron dic=0(for dry). You will definitely get great depth and steady signal.

Used sparklers i hate, what a waste of time they are. so far I'm cornering the market in tent pegs, there cnt be many left at my local beach! lol

Great in the wet sand with factory settings. hoping to hit the gold fields tomorrow as today shit itself.

marshyboy said:
Used sparklers i hate, what a waste of time they are. so far I'm cornering the market in tent pegs, there cnt be many left at my local beach! lol

Great in the wet sand with factory settings. hoping to hit the gold fields tomorrow as today shite itself.

I can let your have some more hardly used tent pegs at a good price, to add to your collection. :p

Latest posts