AtomRat's Video's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
AtomRat n dylanpennack23 vid south east vic

I took a little vid showing one of the areas we had dug at yesterday showing the creek and forest beauty.

Sorry for being short an simple, will be doing a lot more film, photo and writing.

Feel free to check out my other couple of bids testing my home made rockets

..I should probably leave the vid here too a...

I never knew how diverse and amazing Australia was until I joined this site. The videos I've see from Australia were all from the desert or outback with guys pulling 5oz nuggets out with a MD. It looks like you are in a tropical forest. What part of Australia is this area located? I can only imagine what kind of critters you have to deal with in that environment...

AtomRat said:
Great fun in there indeed. Leech capital and mountainous but great fun! Love these hills.

Seems the quality of the vid was stuffed with upload oh well

Check your video format. Some survive the transfer process better than others.

looked it up on Google Earth. Not to far from Melbourne right. As long as the critters are big I have no issues, its those little sneaky things with an attitude that bothers me. Doesn't look like you have those goat size spiders hanging around but I'm guessing the snakes pretty nasty. Leach capital? that cant be good either.

Spiders can get to decent size, but no amazon bird eaters here hehe.

Scorpians can be one to look out for as they will give you a nasty sting. Snakes are extremely common, red bellied, copperhead etc and will kill.

For every nasty in the bush, there's another to eat it!

The bigger ones are probably more a concern, especially when you hear of the myths about the us army black cat mascots released into our forest, myth or not, I've seen scratching posts higher than my head and I'm 66"..

I wouldn't exactly like to get into a fight with a kangaroo, especially near water. They will eff your sh up!

This was an older vid from a few weeks back but thought I'd share the friendly trees that hang above my head when I dig.

The sediments should be settling in the rock before it hits the creek, we dug a bit more generous so we had only just removed the last bit at the front of his sluice and then all backfilled after the camera was shut down.

Sorry about the way its filmed and loss of quality. Was holding the camera wrong and when I rotated it lost quality

https://youtu.be/lqhgE3Y3QKo

Its patchy but its there. That day was a .6g cleanup after digging the hole. Only went down to a depth of 2" before hitting the clay. Unfortunately I didn't get the time to clean all the crevices under the rock as my mate was my lift and wanted to head home.. :mad: Was spewin. Cleanup would have been much greater

There's another vid on my channel now too, bit of a mess but more prospecting!

dueling highbankers! that's a nice area, good thing we don't have any areas like that in CA. The wife would have all those rocks in my backyard...

Met up with dylan again where we:

Discussed sluice design and building tips as we are making a couple soon.

Went to my local gemclub where I cabbed a Carnelian dylan found on a previous dig, he also got the chance to have a short go on the machine but will have to finish tge rock next time.

We then took out to a tunnel out a fair way and went for a stroll through it discovering bats, mud, quartz stringers / laminations and veins intruding sedimentary and shale. A few dodgy looking fractures in some of the above rock but not too bad. Old miners graffitii mixed with new graffitii as well, one of the tunnels still holds water pipe rail tracks and an electrical wire for lighting.

Visited 4 different favourite locations I've found and panned out some color, some had been turned over here and there. A lot near the mine tunnels.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6kWjF8p0Lc[/video]

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q_xP8tCa0[/video]

1439976786_14399766566100.jpg

Nice stuff AtomRat...looks like some interesting samples to crush up laying on the floor in that mine

MJB said:
Nice stuff AtomRat...looks like some interesting samples to crush up laying on the floor in that mine
Havnt had the beat of luck in crushing samples from most the local tunnels. Don't get to see it in the quartz but I know its in there somewhere..

I don't know if they were drives or just simple acess tunnels or even storage tunnels for the main mine uphill which is now filled in

Latest posts