Around the parks with the Ace250

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly some good signs there getting into those older Beaver tail ring pulls, tells you that you should be getting closer to the older coins. Also as soon as you start hitting on those early 1c & 2c coins, you know you might have a chance of coming across some pre-decs as well.

Good to see you are having such success, you must be happy with two rings in two days. :)

I had a bit of a go on the way home from work
1405941839_image.jpg

3x20c , 3x10c , 3x5c
Well they do say things come in three's ....
I also found this thing ... Not sure what it is off
1405941936_image.jpg

1405941956_image.jpg

Its about 1-1/2" diameter , nylon/plastic , has a nut moulded inside

Thanks for inspiring me.

Some might look at the finds and say is it really worth it?

Absolutely it is. Heres why.

1. Your getting excersise.
2. Your chances of finding something valueable only
Happens when your detecting.
3. If your researching an area you get to learn a little
About our history.

No matter what detector your using unless your in high
Iron areas if its there you will find it as long as you walk
Over it.

Well done and keep going.

Sandta said:
I had a bit of a go on the way home from work
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3188/1405941839_image.jpg
3x20c , 3x10c , 3x5c
Well they do say things come in three's ....
I also found this thing ... Not sure what it is off
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3188/1405941936_image.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3188/1405941956_image.jpg
Its about 1-1/2" diameter , nylon/plastic , has a nut moulded inside

That looks like part of the swing that sits inside the nut
Which i presume make it look nice and adds some protection.

Gday all, i went out for a couple of hours after dinner tonight ...
Here are the results ...
1406029992_image.jpg

1x$2 , 1x$1 , 1x50c , 4x10c , 6x5c
A pretty new hair clip( i might wear that when i go out on saturday night) :lol: , a button , a mig tip and a sparkly skull bling thing
1406030255_image.jpg

Fair dinkum ... I thought i won the lottery ,this thing is covered in sparkly stones(well, glass i suppose) it just about jumped out of the hole on its own , even before i turned on the tourch .

A For effort. you sure find a lot of trash. do you hunt in a mode,jewellry or coin for example, custom program or all metal ?
skull, reminds of dame edna. :rolleyes:

All metal , with first 2 notches (sometimes 3) discriminated out . That seems to eliminate nails , bobby pins , twist top lids etc.

Lol, your pile of junk looks a bit like mine from tonight, I just have a lot more dirt included. I hunt the same with the Ace, just iron discriminated out, otherwise you are tempting fate by leaving possible good targets in the ground. Keep it up. :)

Goldpick said:
Lol, your pile of junk looks a bit like mine from tonight, I just have a lot more dirt included. I hunt the same with the Ace, just iron discriminated out, otherwise you are tempting fate by leaving possible good targets in the ground. Keep it up. :)

Hi GP. that's what confuses me. Can' t you use a mode with iron etc.-taken out and achieve same result,or is all metal more accurate.i read that with any descrim. the signal still goes thru a '' filter ''? so if that is the case, when could you use the coin etc modes and how accurate are they ? :)

slipped disc said:
Goldpick said:

Hi GP. that's what confuses me. Can' t you use a mode with iron etc.-taken out and achieve same result,or is all metal more accurate.i read that with any descrim. the signal still goes thru a '' filter ''? so if that is the case, when could you use the coin etc modes and how accurate are they ? :)

The various discrimination patterns on the Ace are just a thing of convenience, essentially they are all just the same, only with different items notched out, or in the case of all-metal, nothing is selected. Essentially what I run for parks is the same as the relic mode - no iron. For the beach usually in all-metal due to more sparsely spaced targets.

If you read my most recent post on how running with several items being notched out will possibly mask out some good targets, hence why I run with minimal discrimination.

If you run in coin mode, and are in ground infested with little bits of foil wrappers, pull tabs etc, the signal will keep blanking out everytime you pass over one of these targets. It has more to do with recovery time of the on-board processor after passing over a target, but discriminating out items seems to makes it worse. I don't think the Ace filters the signal as such when dicriminating out targets, it simply blanks out the audio from notched out targets that you select to ignore. Hence when passing over notched out targets, you can still see the display arrow under that target flash up if that target is encountered.

Since most light foil and aluminium tends to sit pretty close to the surface, there is the distinct possibility that you just passed over a coin, but couldn't hear it due the Ace blanking out as it was trying to recover from one of these noisy foil targets to the next.

For me, I much prefer to listen to the normal response from each target vs using discrimination, there is a lot of info in them, just takes time to learn what it all means. Remember, constantly repeatable signals for coins are one of the biggest giveaways. Get a broken signal, bell tone only one direction, repeatable bell tone but with a signal cut on one swing, then generally it will be a junk target, or the coin is out of the effective reach of the Ace. :)

I couldnt help myself ... I had to stop at a park on my way up to the farm this evening
1406200465_image.jpg

2x$2 , 2x20c , 6x10c , 8x5c , 1x1c and a half penny.... I can make out king george and kangaroo but cant read the date
Righto gotta go pack the car we're leaving at 4am

Gday guys , i went for a quick hunt after dinner tonight, i didnt find a real lot but spotted and scoped out a place i believe could be very rewarding. Time will tell....
Here are tonights finds ...
1406718479_image.jpg

3x20c , 2x10c ,4x5c ,1x$1 , 1x$2

Gday Slipped disc , sorry i missed your post ... I have been thinking about a detector for the wet beach hunting , ive still got so much to learn as it is and im quite happy with my Ace for now, we'll see , ill just keep reading the posts from our fellow beach hunters for now

After about 4 hours i had 1x$2,2x2c and 1x1c , a marble and some assorted rubbish...not much for pretty old gathering place from days past...the place was surprisingly clean,i guess any place that looks good to me must surely have looked good to others before me .It was almost dark so i headed back towards the car. Thinking that this area was the most obvious place to search,i thought what about over here ....just as old, not so obvious,worth a look ... BINGO ! :D
I left at 7:45pm with this lot...
1406978663_image.jpg

2x half pennys 1946,1948
3x three pence 1928,1941,1949
9x pennys 1915,1919,1922,1929,1939,1940,1941,1950 and a Britania penny i think its 1908
6x2c and 18x1c
And 2x$2

1406979789_image.jpg

A Maitland Boys High School badge
1406979860_image.jpg

And this broken piece of toy gun
All in all i had a great afternoon/evening ... Best of all ... I only covered about a quarter of the area , so there is more for next time... Maybe tomorrow arvo :p

Looks like you are starting to go pro Sandta, good onya and well done.

The ace is working a treat with all the finds you're getting. well done. the toy gun is a lone star, I think. very popular and cheap, when I was a kid. only a matter of time before you hit the top sites.

Impressive hit on those pennys, you must be over the moon with so many from one spot. :) Some areas just seem to be negleted, and never had a detector over them before, surely there must be some silver hiding in there somewhere. ;)

This morning i went to a friends house (100+ years old) to have a scout around , bloody huge yard , didnt find much for my efforts , but thats ok ... You cant win them all
1407064516_image.jpg

1943 penny , 20c 5c , marbles and another toy gun
1407064561_image.jpg

A brass kookaburra badge
1407064649_image.jpg

This afternoon/evening i went back to the same spot as yesterday arvo ...
Another great result... :p
1407064988_image.jpg

12x pennys ,1908,1916,1920, 3x1936, 2x1943, 1945, 2x1952, 1956
2x half pennys 1926 ,1943
3x three pence 2x1943 ,1948
5x2c and 7x1c
1407065352_image.jpg

A nice little horse brooch
1407065414_image.jpg

Im not sure what this is ... I think its copper
1407065484_image.jpg

Im a very happy chappy :D had a good weekend.... And havent even completed half the area :cool: ...
Ill be back ;)

Nice haul - and here comes the silver - put that site in your memory bank and go back with a better detector to find more treasures!

Latest posts