Around the parks with the Ace250

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Sandta,

Just reading some of the replies that's all. This is why I replied.

This is why I made the suggestion of changing the coils and I asked you how deep you were finding the coins.

If your pinging coins at 6" keep going. The only thing I would do is get a larger coil which may give you an
extra 1" or so in depth. Detech make good coils as I own one and I won 2 G2 Nel coils as well which I will sell
soon which are great quality as well.

If you need a wet sand machine you could find a 2nd hand sovereign for under $450 or buy a Tom D tuned
Fisher CZ3D serial 1021 for around $600 which go deep and both are multifrequency.

Looking forward to seeing more of what you get up to..

Gday Wolf , funny you should mention that... You know how i said i wasnt going to change anything too soon....
Look what i just picked up for $50 , it does need minor repairs in the battery area( a bit of soulder and a cover) i should be able to retro fit something...

1408103007_image.jpg

1408103032_image.jpg

1408103033_image.jpg

1408103836_image.jpg

1408103864_image.jpg
1408103891_image.jpg

;)

$50, that's a bargain if I ever saw one, let's hope you can get her up and running. :)

Those battery covers were a pain in the butt, same as on my xt17000, no wonder thay always break, nearly need a screwdriver to pry them off. You can still buy the Nicad battery packs and chargers to suit those from Miners Den, probably worth three times what you paid for the Sovereign though.

You can always mount the control box and battery packs in a bag, much less weight to lug around, and solves the battery compartemt issue. Pretty sure that's what Paulmarr does with his Elite.

Thanks GP ... Good idea ,seperate bag. Got any idea how to access internals? Have worked out to remove 2 screws at socket for coil plug, but there is still resistance holding face plate in housing... Must be something else holding it together, just havent worked out what. No rush... Im sure the answer is out there ...

Sorry I am no help Sandta, rebottled the dandelion wine today and saved a tiny bit for tasting, then ended up drinking the missus fruity lexia! Still drinking it now. Cheers

Done that Bogan , im thinking that maybe remove securing nuts from trimpots and toggle switches. It may well just be firmly clipped in around the edges, i just dont want to force it. Will be patient and wait( for a change) until i know for sure ;)

Thats awesome.

Great Buy. That was my first machine i purchased
Back in the 90's. Just need to get used to the tones.

If you can score a long curly lead like the ones on the
Headphones connect an adapter to that then connect
It to the cable inside the battery and try to attach a zip
cable so it holds In place Inside the battery compartment
so if you pull it accidently it won't come undone.

Might need to drill a couple of holes and tinker with it.

Attach battery to other end and bobs your uncle :).

You can get a bumbag if you want and attach inside
Or a military type of bum bug that sits at the back of
Your belt or look for a qaulity heavy duty shooters or
Fishing vest where You can use the pockets to place
Items found and holding other gear.

If there is no rust on the electronics you should be
Able to get it working. If you need a piece of acrylic
Cut about 1.5 mm thicker or some polyproplene at
Around 2mm let me know. I use this stuff for work
And happy to cut you a piece a post it out at no
Charge.

The only thing i would do is try to get a good 2nd hand
Spider not solid coil for it thats a bit bigger so you
Cover more ground and punch a bit deeper.

Interested to hear how it goes.

Sorry Sandta, can't remember exactly what I had to do to get the cover off the xt17000. I took mine off to try and run a second power lead to recharge the nicads, just so I didn't have to pry off that annoying battery cover all the time. I also went to Jaycar and fitted the toggle switches with rubber boots to help protect them. I am thinking that the rear cover is just tight from being attached to the front cover for so long.

silver said:
Sorry I am no help Sandta, rebottled the dandelion wine today and saved a tiny bit for tasting, then ended up drinking the missus fruity lexia! Still drinking it now. Cheers
Hi ho Silver--you will sleep well.

Sandta has joined the dark side now... :) I hope you get get it up and running so you can do some serious beach detecting! There is a learning curve with it as with all detectors but once you get your head understanding the different tones I am sure the gold will start flowing! goodonyamatey!

Sandta said:
Done that Bogan , im thinking that maybe remove securing nuts from trimpots and toggle switches. It may well just be firmly clipped in around the edges, i just dont want to force it. Will be patient and wait( for a change) until i know for sure ;)

Sandta, you may get a local tech, some-one that does tecta repiairs, or mbe someone from the forum, to help out if you get stuck. there mbe a circuit diagram that someone may have too, out there.

And I did indeed.
Jaros said:
silver said:
Hi ho Silver--you will sleep well.

Thanks guys.... Yes my intention for this detector is the beach, so i can be as successful as you Pauly .... And find spoons :lol: :lol:
Gday Wolf , cheers mate , great offer , great advice ... Thank you again . I would definitely replace this coil with the one best suited to the beach . I will check ebay for spider coil . If anyone has one laying around :rolleyes: .... Or has ideas on this ... Please let me know.
Gday SD, i had a look around on the net last night for service manual( for access to and circuit diagram) but no luck. I did find a very informative looking user manual( maybe a copy of the manual supplied with detector ) i only brushed over it but it covers testing and settings and how to get started.
Righto guys catch up tonight ... Im going detecting with th Ace

Rain ,rain ,beautiful, very welcomed rain! Bloody rain! Kept me cooped up most of the day ( gave me the time to play with the sovereign control box, i did get it open , it was just a very tight fit ,held even tighter by 20 years .... But i got out late this arvo for a couple of hours( a little damp at times) then i flogged down. Rotten bloody rain !. So i had to call it quits .... But not before i bagged this lot.. :p
1408186709_image.jpg

3x $2 ,3x 1c ,1x 2c
1x 1/2penny 1935
13x pennys 1913,1919,1941,2x1943,2x1944,1948,1949,2x1950,2x1951
5x 6p 43,45,48,51 & 63
3x 3p 2x42 & 1950
1408186998_image.jpg

Whos a happy chappy? :D

Latest posts