Are You Victorian? Do You Care About This Hobby? If So, Then...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A great danger of most of victoria's goldfields in becoming national parks is nearly upon us, meaning if this goes ahead, detecting is finished along with any other kind of prospecting in these area's. There is going to be a rally in victoria next month, and anyone who uses the bush, prospector or not must strongly consider attending this rally, if you want the status quo to continue.
This photo i scanned off of another forum and was posted up by a prospecting legend who goes by the username "Wombat". In this photo you will find where to get more info about this rally!
1563336387_bush_users.jpg

Had our PMAV Central Branch meeting at Maryborough last night . Bill gave us the latest info with our fight against VEAC . From memory I think we are fighting to save 46,000 hectares that VEAC have submitted to Parliament to take . PMAV and BUGU have everything in place for the protest , but to be successful we need between 5,000 and 10,000 people to be at Parliament House . The Pollies will be there and a protest of this magnitude will help immensely . This is our last chance to turn this around , contact every one you know for their presence on this day .
Not just prospectors all bush users with various recreations .

Cheers
goldrat

5k - 10k people on a Tuesday is going to be hard to pull off. Unfortunately for me I'm already booked out on this day, same as every other Tuesday. I hope it's a huge success, thanks BUGU and PMAV :Y:

I'll be there; have done some work rearranging to make it possible.
Take a sickie,take an RDO/ADO
Take some ARL.
Please do what you can to get there.catch a bus,train or tram ,ride your bike or pogo stick.
If you can't make it, let your local member know how peeved off you are.
Fellow Interstate prospectors who come to Vic to prospect can write a letter to Mr Andrews ,doesn't have to be long.
And who knows,if it happens here in Vic it will surely flow on into other states??
THIS IS DO OR DIE

Greyhound :mad:

With over a month of advance notice I can book a flight cheap enough.

$190 return from where I will be that week , every foot soldier counts.

cheap investment.

Thanks for posting.

Make that $240 on Virgin . Coz we dont fly with those flogs at Jetstar or tiger , LOL

Good on ya people, it good to see support for this, i am living in south oz at the moment, i will try my best to get down for the rally, but my current commitments will make it very hard, i guess there is the option of writing to the pollies as someone has mentioned for us interstaters, which i will strongly consider if i know for sure i cant make it.
C`mon all you bushies who live close to or in Melbourne, get down there and give em hell!!! ]:D

I forgot to mention, with respect to this petition, only victorian residents can sign it, but; if i remember correctly "wombat" said that if they can get upwards of 25000 signatures, the pollies will be forced to put a hold on any decision making, with regards to the VEAC recommendations, and i'm talking years, so get everyone that you can to sign it and then send it back to BUGU, please everyone at least do this, i'm a south aussie and i love coming down to detect in the legendary nugget country that is Victoria, if this is taken away, the **** is going to hit the fan, i tell you that!

For the protest are they going to have a cairn with a flagpole and the Eureka flying from it and all join a circle around it??

ironrock said:
A great danger of most of victoria's goldfields in becoming national parks is nearly upon us, meaning if this goes ahead, detecting is finished along with any other kind of prospecting in these area's. There is going to be a rally in victoria next month, and anyone who uses the bush, prospector or not must strongly consider attending this rally, if you want the status quo to continue.
This photo i scanned off of another forum and was posted up by a prospecting legend who goes by the username "Wombat". In this photo you will find where to get more info about this rally!https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5581/1563336387_bush_users.jpg
How the hell can they make them national parks they've been mined and dug over for decades, the mind boggles, I'm in northern NSW, hope you get the numbers :power: