Are Hyundai Terracans any good ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishfull said:
Ridge Runner said:
Sounds good Tathr my shogun is doing about 7.85L per 100ks or 36mpg/4.55L and if I behave I can get it to do about 40 mpg+/-.
I am hoping to buy a 4wd from the 70s/80s because they don't have computers and you don't have to pay Rego once they get to a certain age, you little Beauty :Y: :inlove:

What's that ? No rego after a certain age
Did I miss seeing that ?

Don't get your hopes up too much - Ridge Runner is in the UK.

I have a Landrover Freelander LR2 2010 v6
Uses 12.0 L/KM (Shit on fuel)
Breaks often and has weak diffs (expensive to replace)

But it's super comfortable and bloody good offroad for a soft 4x4.

Would i recommend one.... Nope unless you are expecting to replace things.

Stick with the Toyota / Jeep (selective) / etc...

Wishfull said:
Ridge Runner said:
Sounds good Tathr my shogun is doing about 7.85L per 100ks or 36mpg/4.55L and if I behave I can get it to do about 40 mpg+/-.

I am hoping to buy a 4wd from the 70s/80s because they don't have computers and you don't have to pay Rego once they get to a certain age, you little Beauty :Y: :inlove:
What's that ? No rego after a certain age
Did I miss seeing that ?

Yeah mate any Ve Hic Le that is 40+ years old is Tax/Rego Exempt Here,

How old does a car have to be to be exempt from tax?

Cars qualify for tax exemption if they were built 40 or more years before 1st January. However, you cannot apply for exemption until the 1st April in the qualifying year. Therefore, a car must be a minimum of 40 years and 3 months old before you can apply for exemption.

Have a Scroll down this page and see this on the GOV website about vehicles before 1978,

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-exempt-from-vehicle-tax :Y:

Tathradj said:
Also will add mine has a 1.5 limited slip diff.
Instead of clutch's it has a worm drive dog clutch setup.
Not very common apparently.
Toyota lsd's have a habit of not working after 100,000 Klm's.
They barely work when they're new. Know as the unlimited slip diffs!

Hyundai is always GOOD. I have a Hyundai Sonata for already 3 years and I have never had problems with it. Now I would like to buy something new it will be the same a Hyundai, very satisfied with their cars. I even started to look for hyundai cars and found a site with incredible offers. I stopped on the Elantra and Elantra GT. Do you have some ideas about it? Their price is pretty the same and I cannot choose from them 'cause they are on the top. So don't think more if you want a Hyundai just buy it you will not regret it for sure.

Latest posts