Amazing Detection Depth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On another forum there is reference to a detector that is said to be able to detect a 50 cent coin in the air with a 18 inch mono coil at 1 metre (3 feet 3 inches) and of all things a beer can at 6 feet to 7 feet.

If you were using this detector on the beach you would need a very long handle shovel to dig to those depths on a coin or a buried drink can.

Very impressive air test ... what was this detector . what forum was It on. ?? .

stalker said:
Very impressive air test ... what was this detector . what forum was It on. ?? .

Apparently the detector is being developed by someone called Moodz and it is mentioned on the Finders forum.

is that at all electronically possible on the output of the coils versus the distance?

loamer said:
is that at all electronically possible on the output of the coils versus the distance?

I mentioned these so called depths to my friend with a GPX 5000 so he ended up doing a air test on a beer can with his 18 mono and the best he got was 4 feet with the soil / timing switch set to the normal position.

Also from what stalker says is this detector called a QED?

The QED debacle has been going on for 2 decades or so.
No one to my knowledge has ever seen one.

to quote Steve Herschbach
"I heard that President Kennedy and Elvis use a Pulse Devil and a QED to pass the time while in hiding. The UFO Masters are very interested in the technology and will not allow it to be released"

Redfin said:
The QED debacle has been going on for 2 decades or so.
No one to my knowledge has ever seen one.

to quote Steve Herschbach
"I heard that President Kennedy and Elvis use a Pulse Devil and a QED to pass the time while in hiding. The UFO Masters are very interested in the technology and will not allow it to be released"

I thought that controversy had died long ago. :p the concept was viable, the circuitry in tectas is;nt rocket science. see the surf pi kit etc. the programing is the key IMO.

Let's not get into the QED debate like other forums. If it was a dud, can someone please explain why Minelab took the developer to court? As for seen one, used one etc - people are keeping their mouths shut in the event they get dragged into this very messy affair. ;)

loamer said:
Let's not get into the QED debate like other forums. If it was a dud, can someone please explain why Minelab took the developer to court? As for seen one, used one etc - people are keeping their mouths shut in the event they get dragged into this very messy affair. ;)

ML monitor those forums

anyone claiming to post links to the circuitry for it appear to get banned , presumably after ML complaints , not to mention the possibility of threats of court action

i have not formed a belief if its the real deal or not.

even if its the real deal , it would take me 3 weeks to make one

based on my hourly rate thats a loss of income hours worth $ 20,000

HeadsUp said:
i have not formed a belief if its the real deal or not.

Maybe the amazing air depths claimed by this moodz detector is not the real deal either as I find them hard to believe.

What depth loss it achieves in our highly mineralised ground will be the telling point, more so with mono coils, as the GPX series display by having to use Smooth, Enhance or FG over such ground instead of Sensitive Extra, Normal, Sharp or Coin/Relic which produce more depth.

I'm with Loamer, while I am sure that no-one here wants to fight about the QED, if you want to, have a look at the previously mentioned place, where you can probably find 1000's of acrimonious posts on the topic.

Years ago I saw a prototype PI that could detect a .2 of a gram bit of gold from over a foot away in the air. They were never able to beat the ground mineralisation though. When they can show one do that distance in ground, the one in the opening post, then id sit up and take notice!

Great that minelab monitor this and other forums. [ re. Heads up] all companies should keep a ''finger on the pulse '' of it's market. Bad service/ product equals bad news that travels very quickly.
faulty new release models comes to mind - from various companies.

Moodz has been on the geotech forum for quite a while posting software upgrades and modifications to a lot of different detectors and designs. I have no doubt his detector could reach those depths but not in our mineralised soil, also do we know who moodz really is? Who knows who half the people on forums are.

"Who knows who half the people on forums are" Not saying half, but some for sure, "Spruikers"

Latest posts