Adits in the Berringa/Enfield/Linton area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum.
I've become interested in exploring abandoned adits mainly for entertainment, not for prospecting. A man on youtube who explores mines in the USA has inspired me to do the same. I know of the risks involved and I will try to do it as safely as possible. I visited the 'Birthday New Find' and 'Star of the East' adits last weekend and it was a thrill not only to track them down in the bush, but also to take a peek inside. I found the North Birthday tunnel but it was on private property and went down at a steep angle. So does anyone else know of any explorable mines in the Staffordshire reef to Linton areas? I've been using the geovic website to track some of them down but they're not all listed, I'm sure.
Thanks guys

dean65 said:
You could look at some of the links at the bottom of the page. Please be very careful when exploring mines in this area as they can be very dangerous.

http://www.onmydoorstep.com.au/heritage-listing/11999/birthday-tunnel-co
As far as I know that land in there is private property as I've been looking over that way for a while. I did find the portal that had been concreted shut but that involved some 'extralegal' activity which I won't do again.
I've fully explored all the adits that were listed on Geovic (in the berringa/staffordshire reef area) but no doubt there are more. Geovic is my only source.
Thanks

Latest posts