AC/DC new lead singer. I'm stunned.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davent said:
What about Jimmy barnes?
Yep, Barnesy would be my choice, said that to my wife and she just laughed! Dunno why. Barnesy's got that raspy, guttural voice and the age group is right. I used to love going to his gigs when he and i were a lot younger. An 'Aussie' legend, working class man, love it. :lol: :lol:

You know a band is big when an Amish person has his horse drawn wagon kitted with a sound system and is blaring your tunes (this actually happened... it featured in a doco I think on ABC a year or so back about Rumspringa and the choices of the youth).

I thought Barnesy would be better suited than Axel bloody Rose....Reckon AC/DC should call it a day.

davent said:
I thought Barnesy would be better suited than Axel bloody Rose....Reckon AC/DC should call it a day.
I think it's just in their blood to keep playing, it's like the Stones, none of them need the money, but i reckon they all need the 'buzz' they get from playing to big crowds.
Trouble is that unlike the Stones, once they start introducing new mussos like INX etc have donw, they aren't the original band anymore and might as well just be another cover (tribute) band imo.

Its not to bad .. to be honest i was never even a fan of Johnston doing Bons songs so its probably no worse. The beauty of Johnson was the band was young and could write new songs that we only ever heard him sing so we didnt have to compare. Back in black album for instance was a ripper.

grubstake said:
Here's a preview of how Axl will sound in AC/DC, from GnR's set at the weekend Coachella Festival, with Angus Young guesting on lead guitar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvKV8RCbkWw
Pretty good, i just reckon that raspiness? isn't there in his voice though. Reckon Barnesy would be classic but doubt he could handle or be allowed to do all the travelling these days :lol:

GaryO said:
If they Really want a Bon Scott voice they should get Weird Al . For those that haven't seen this before its funny and dam it sounds like Bon.

Watch "AC/DC "Dirty Deeds" Done with Sheep......FUNNY." on YouTube
https://youtu.be/O-4lk2-UA_I

Baaaaaaa hahahahahah LOL he is a walk up replacement for Bon I thought it was Bon a couple of times

GT :)

Never liked em after Bon died. Irreplaceable, their sound changed too, lost its unique larrikin Aussie,ness. A pom with a stupid hat replacing Bon, may as well have got Mr Squigle.

Joel Okeefe from airborne would be my pick. Great Aussie rock band with the same sort of sound but not very well known here but reasonally big o/s. best of all there from warnambool not the city.

casper said:
reality check!! - THIS IS A GOLD FORUM - NOTHING ELSE MATTERS FOLKS !!!!

casper

So its JUST A GOLD FORUM, as nothing else matters dude? Way to snub us coin/relic hunters, and the lapidary/gemstone people! And why get so upset, that we talking about everyday stuff? Relax, or I will call these guys on ya casper lol
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc[/video]

Latest posts