My New Camping TV

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like most things, best to use what they were originally designed for. So much less mucking around using a 6W TV with easy accessible antenna than mucking around trying to use a tablet as a TV.

Stored movies etc on a portable hard drive connected to a laptop work well. Ill have a camp fire going while sitting nearby with the laptop playing a movie/doco and a glass of Turkey Sting on ice!

Shep said:
Use an ipad, all the tv channels have a app with their shows plus there is Netflix etc and you can easily download movies.
Bonus is it also gives you a brilliant mapping tool, car diagnostic tool etc etc

I tried using my phone and Tablet and the biggest problem I found was not being able to pick up a good signal and the picture freezing all the time, And the only way I got around that was to drive a few miles away where the signal got stronger which defeats the object of using it while camping So this seemed to work better and it also has analog TV channels as well as Digital channels,

My main concern is getting the local weather reports,

Latest posts