8 day camp out with kids

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took the family out to Wuruma dam passing through all the gold hot spots..Degilbo...Biggenden...Gaydah...Eidsvold hard country for the early miners very dry....i took my pan but didnt test any spots i was having more fun spotting all the old diggings along the roads went for plenty of bush walks finding old mines/tailings. They still stand out like dogs balls...
Spent four days out there then stopped in to Paradise dam where the old gold town paradise was flooded found the diggings and mines on the eastern side....seriously tough ground there sedimentary rock. Biggest worry for me wasnt the 38c heat through out our trip but was the ants!!! And i mean Ants they all bite out there....take stingos with ya ...best $10i spent.... plus drinking water was tough to find.
I found some spots closer to home i will try next winter.

Ba-hahahaha didnt see not one mate plenty still walking around.
Would have made a small fortune if i could find the water to boil them in???
$50 for a carton of xxxx gold and it was flat!!!
Drove 100kms to find town water ended up tasting like pool water...
Wuruma was free camping...lots of grey nomads out there very friendly people....they treated my kids like there own grandkids.
I had fun kids got ant savy...real quick.
I will do it again but more prospecting related hands on...

Sounds like a good roadtrip yob. Would like to check out around monto and cania gorge areas one day

We were up out that way for a drive with the kids at Easter time this year,.... wish I hada thought to keep my eyes peeled,...Mrs Silver has her Ls now, so I can look at the scenery a bit more next time,... we never went for as long as you though Yobskin, just an over nighter day trip back then(was dry looking back then too,... but overgrown). We had aircon on all the way too, and probably only drank soft drink(ha). :D

Tribsa 56 said:
Sounds like a good roadtrip yob. Would like to check out around monto and cania gorge areas one day
Planning Monto as i type...we were going to Cania originally but funds were low and i didnt think the kids would handle 6hrs in the car or myself.

silver said:
We were up out that way for a drive with the kids at Easter time this year,.... wish I had a thought to keep my eyes peeled,...Mrs Silver has her Ls now, so I can look at the scenery a bit more next time,... we never went for as long as you though Yobskin, just an over nighter day trip back then(was dry looking back then too,... but overgrown). We had aircon on all the way too, and probably only drank soft drink(ha). :D
Honestly mate their were diggings every where... i saw old river wash half way up the range sitting on granite and bedrock.
I was gob smacked and drooling at the same time.
They cut the new road through it cant miss it....
Rubber necking it till we got to Cynthia swamp...hahahaha
Its easy to see the old trails that were used some of the mountains still bear the scars....

Latest posts