40E Permit's for WA - information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday

Wake up people, thats a significant price rise, if it is true how would they justify such a huge increase in the fee anyway?, I bet you would all have good old whinge if they whacked a 250% increase on your next carton of beer without any justification, what the greedy sods don't realise is it will definately increase the instances of people doing it illegally anyway, the increase may mean little to you blokes that are on the gold all the time but its significant to others that do it as a hobby and are on limited incomes, and before you say well don't do it then remember this, many of the small towns in the gold fields benefit from the influx of people from down in the city in the winter months, not to mention the fuel suppliers on the way there, so the more they increase prices to go prospecting and the harder they make it the more people are just going to give it away and not bother anymore as it will just become too hard, many people I know have given it away due to the ever increasing costs of fuel, rego, accommodation and so on so this will just make others decide to do the same, and in the short time just not bother applying for permits, whats next a hike in the miners right price I bet.

stayyerAU

Hmmm, lets see. $90 for 3 months less 21 days would be roughly 9 weeks. You get to camp on the 40E for that period so $10 a week camping fees. Try doing that in a caravan park then have to drive out to your prospecting area.

Wake up people, you had it very cheap for a long time and it's still cheap. They are going to have to put it to police the stingy buggers who don't want to do the right thing. They could always hit you with the $150 000 fine everytime instead of just rapping you over the knuckles.

Cheers

Doug

Hmmm, will put a different slant on things.
Most blokes I know take out 2 or 3 atm.
That might stop.

The WA Government 2019-20 Budget Papers (https://www.ourstatebudget.wa.gov.au/budget-papers.html) appear to confirm the forthcoming increase. In notes to financial tables provided in Part 4 Jobs and Economic Development, Division 17 Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (https://www.ourstatebudget.wa.gov.au/agency-details.html), are the following explanations:

Funding from the Regional Community Services Fund reduces by $5 million in the 2019-20 Budget Estimate. This is due to ceasing Royalties for Regions funding for the Exploration Incentive Scheme (EIS). From 2019-20, the continuation of the EIS will be fully funded by increased Mining Tenement Rental revenue.

and,

The Department will collect additional revenue for Mining Tenement Rentals from 2019-20 onwards. The increased revenue will fully fund the continuation of the Exploration Incentive Scheme at $10 million per annum, which enables the Department to promote continued investment in the State and deliver services more effectively in response to industry needs.

StayyerAU said:
Gday

Wake up people, thats a significant price rise, if it is true how would they justify such a huge increase in the fee anyway?, I bet you would all have good old whinge if they whacked a 250% increase on your next carton of beer without any justification, what the greedy sods don't realise is it will definately increase the instances of people doing it illegally anyway, the increase may mean little to you blokes that are on the gold all the time but its significant to others that do it as a hobby and are on limited incomes, and before you say well don't do it then remember this, many of the small towns in the gold fields benefit from the influx of people from down in the city in the winter months, not to mention the fuel suppliers on the way there, so the more they increase prices to go prospecting and the harder they make it the more people are just going to give it away and not bother anymore as it will just become too hard, many people I know have given it away due to the ever increasing costs of fuel, rego, accommodation and so on so this will just make others decide to do the same, and in the short time just not bother applying for permits, whats next a hike in the miners right price I bet.

stayyerAU

Half and half on this.

Yep it's a hit, especially to those that take out 2 or 3 40E's.

As for the suffering of many of these small towns, half of it can be laid fair and square at the feet of the towns themselves. Nothing to do with the cost of a 40E. What do they do to encourage tourism?
Pop into my local town and check out the van park. You'll see maybe 3 vans if your lucky and 2 of those are probably over nighters on thier way across the great central. They scrapped thier weekly rate and now just have a day rate. There is nothing there to make me say "I want to stay here", there's nothing there to make me want to recommend it to my friends.

We've been price gouged on everything for years! Where is the incentive to buy and support my local retailers?
Beer is a classic example. $60 to $70 a cartoon if buying it local but Perth price if ordered online with a delivery fee of $12 be it 1 cartoon or 20 cartoons. (dan murphy's no longer deliver but there is another option)

Fuel. Watch it go up and down on telly all the time, but the price never changes at the local servo. It's always up. I know what we get our fuel at and I know what the transport costs are.

The super market would get maybe $50 a month out of us where as Kalgoorlie 390 klms away gets the bulk and the rest goes on line with free delivery.

That's just our town, the little town that could be. The last town on the tar as you hit the great central to Alice or the first on the tar as you come the other way. A milestone town with zero initiatives to stop and hold a tourist.
An increase in the price of 40E's will have negligible effect as tourist bypass the town anyway and the majority of prospectors I've come across in the bush here don't get 40E's anyway.

Very well said Steve. I must admit I'm guilty of the overnighter at the van park heading up the central but I have been back and spent a couple of days in the area. I may even be heading tour way in July. Anyway as for the price increase I'm one of the ones that get out once or twice a year. I get my 40E and have a good go at it. Unfortunately for me not being employed full time $90 is a bit of cash but hey it's only 1.5 grams and I sure as hell am happy to pay $90 instead of facing the fine for not having a 40E. We can possibly partly thank the poachers for the price increase.

Confirmed it the Western Australia Government Gazette

1561366226_screenshot_20190624-164801_google.jpg

Phone call made by president of BPC to the Leonora Government Mining dept.

The section 40E permit for WA will be rising to $90 on the first of July 2019.
The WA standard miners right ( prospectors licence ?) will be going up by $1.50 to $26.50 but still remains for Life.

What's the fuss a bout?
I'm all for it, if it helps them to employ people who can police the region, catching cliam jumpers.
Only the people doing the wrong thing need to be concerned, they've been getting away with it for too long!

It's like everything else, people kick up a fuss about anything that changes, but it soon becomes the norm.
Have a rant, have a whinge, but I bet the price increase doesn't stop people from paying their fees and getting out there to try their luck.
See you out West!
Cheers

Hi folks,

I get 2 granted 40E's and for me it is the first time with it. In the permit is also a paper where I have to write down how much gold I found and also the point where I found it. My question is must I write down the coordinates (GPS) or only the graticular block where I found it?

Thanks for enlightening me ;-)

Marc

gps i would of thought.
You are doing the lease holder a favour in return being aloud to keep what you find.

Edit Allowed

Latest posts