40 years on the job.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations, well done! As said, not many can claim to have achieved 40 years these days.

I was actually thinking of you yesterday when I found this box of goodies.

1596852705_dscf8986_2.jpg

Did you ever get to drive this one?

Jaros said:
It all depends on how much you enjoy the job, mateship and fitness--A big life choice decision.

The mateship is great. It's a pretty unique job. Shift work shortens the life and has negative affects on health. I enjoy the job but could do without the shitty, ignorant management. They really detract from the pleasure of the job.

Well done Ramjet. I can certainly relate to that. March this year I racked up 40 years in the one job, in the same shed. Cant say I still have the passion. Just working to get to the end nowadays
:|

I bought a diesel driven compressor in Sydney , for opal mining. I only had a Ford Falcon XY and I did not want to pull it over the Blue Mountains . So I took it into Darling Harbour and sent it by train to Bourke .It did not cost much . After Bourke it is all flat country so I picked it up a week or so later and continued to Winton Q'land . One year I remember seeing some rail trucks de-railed between Nyngan and Bourke . Been through Nyngan many times , stopped at the pub one night .

The railway between Nyngan and Bourke has been closed for many years now .

Latest posts