Newbie from Adelaide looking for "treasure"

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, deadset newbie here - I started reading about fossicking literally a couple of days ago as something to do with my three year old daughter. I'm into bonsai so we go on trips to random conservation parks looking for invasive weeds with a gnarly-looking base for me to dig out, and she likes collecting rocks, so I thought it'd be cool to actually find a crystal or something together.

I'm about a ten minute drive from White Rock Quarry which has had some nice looking pieces of quartz come out of it, but looks to be off-limits these days. If anyone has any suggestions on where a guy and his kid can go to find something pretty (it just has to impress a three year old) I'd love to hear it. Nothing super-dangerous but getting wet and muddy is not a problem.

Cheers

G'day Greg welcome to PA, sorry I can't help you out I'm in Victoria. No doubt others will offer suggestions. It's a great way to spend quality time with kids :) :Y: All the best when you do get amongst it :beer:

Welcome aboard
Is this the one ?
1642168187_screenshot_20220114-235252_samsung_internet.jpg

Link

https://www.whiterockquarry.com.au/

silver said:
Is this the one ?

Yep that's the one. Horsnell Gully is a nice place for a hike, and the quarry is right next to it.

I'm not allowed to post links yet but if you Google 'mindat white rock quarry quartz' there's a few photos of what's been found there.