2013 finds gtol29

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtol29

Gary
Reaction score
Found my 1st pre decimal coin today a 1876 sixpence :)

Its in really good condition, found this after finding a 2 cent coin not to far from it and also a silver ring.
They where all about 3meters from each other and all about 18cm deep.
Must be getting use to the AT PRO now lol and the Pin Pointer helps to :D

Will be going back there over the next few days / weeks to hopefully unearth some more. :cool:

When doing the soccer field , look for places where people used to sit and watch the games . you will find plenty of coins there too

and anywhere they may have had a cafeteria or stalls selling food / drinks

people pull out money to pay and bingo , they donate to the grass for the future detectorist

HeadsUp said:
When doing the soccer field , look for places where people used to sit and watch the games . you will find plenty of coins there too

people pull out money to pay and bingo , they donate to the grass for the future detectorist

Thanks HeadsUp

Will be doing that and hope to find out a little more info on the grounds / layout.
These where in front of the goals about 20 meters out.
Just hope the council will come and mow the grass, will make it a lot easier to swing lol.

1381134966_004a.jpg
1381134994_003a.jpg

gtol29 said:
HeadsUp said:

Thanks HeadsUp

Will be doing that and hope to find out a little more info on the grounds / layout.
These where in front of the goals about 20 meters out.
Just hope the council will come and mow the grass, will make it a lot easier to swing lol.

lol

take your own lawnmower , put on a yellow vest and pair of earmuffs and if you dont work too hard nobody will notice

if it takes you an hour to do the lawns you will gain 2 hours in saved detecting speed :)

Went to a park just down the road from home today.
It used to have play equipment etc on it but now it is just grass and trees.
Google street view still show's where the equipment was so tried where the equipment and seats used to be and found no coins and very little trash (was all most like a new park)
Thought I would try around and under tress has people sit there etc for shade.
One tree had nothing but 1 and 2 cent pieces around it all about 60 - 70mm down and most either bent or damaged and some cut in half.
Strange to that all where detected in about a 3 mt radius and about 30- 40cm apart.
I am guessing someone didn't want their old 1's and 2's and decided to damage and dump them just to piss of anyone using a detector.
When I got the first couple thought I might be on to something good.
O well was good practice with the AT Pro, Pin Pointer and digging and replacing plugs etc.
See pictures attached: This was all in about 45 minutes.
1386415295_coins_001.jpg

At another park I found the below coins, so this was a bit better. :rolleyes:
1386415434_coins_005.jpg

1386415458_coins_007.jpg

1386415478_coins_008.jpg

Yea the 20 cent piece is a good find and not to bad odd's finding it as only 33,520 where minted. :cool:
And strangely it was found out the entrance to a memorial park...

Must be the weekend for 1centers. I found 4! Town markets were on yesterday so we hit the park this morning. Found 17$ in Goldie's and surprise, surprise a 1934 penny!

Not to bad a haul there Bushranger.
I went to the old soccer grounds again today (after using google street view again to see where the fields / goals etc where) found $12.52 and $10 of that was a note amongst the long grass lol... Win win anyway :lol:

Must have been a weekend for 1c & 2c pieces, a friend and I picked up a TONE of them... The only thing good I picked up was a Florin, I was happy, however it was a 1947 which I have already :(

SF

Amazing, I picked up about 20 1c & 2c's as well. And also a 1951 florin! Also a couple of half pennies and pennies. The florin was the shallowest pre-decimal I've found so far about an inch under, was expecting a bottle top!

Silver_Fox said:
Must have been a weekend for 1c & 2c pieces, a friend and I picked up a TONE of them... The only thing good I picked up was a Florin, I was happy, however it was a 1947 which I have already :(

SF
I have never found a florin...in fact I haven't found any per decimal silvers! Lots of decimal silver and pennies!

How long have you been coin shooting? (2 years for me)
When you find your first, you will be very excited. I still get excited every time I find one, I have only found 7 :p

Bushranger said:
Silver_Fox said:

SF
I have never found a florin...in fact I haven't found any per decimal silvers! Lots of decimal silver and pennies!

I thought I was the king at finding those Bloody 1 & 2 cent coins but you're not doing to bad there gtol29. I have half a bucket of them I've found over the years. They maybe coins but they are a pain.

Went to the same park again today with my son and found another load of 1 and 2 cent pieces around the same tree.
Another 13cents worth but then hit the jackpot a 10cent piece LOL :lol::8
Main thing was we both had fun getting them.
Now he want's to see about detecting the beach's back in Adelaide when he go's back. Looks like another one might have the bug ;)

Latest posts