1st day panning for months....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got to go out panning again. Been almost 3 months I recon...
Anyhow, our local PMAV organised a panning day at a nearby creek last Saturday. A mate & me decided on the Friday arvo that we'd camp out the night before, do some fishing, kick back etc.
Was just what I needed.
Saturday morning got up early & got into some crevicing at a spot once before I got a nice .5g piece a year ago. This time we only got a couple of specks..
10am we met up with the others & headed to a well worked section of the creek. This patch just keeps giving. Not lots but you'll get some colour.
Anyway, it was a bit hit n miss for a few of us except for one guy who invited 3 others to work the long crevice he was cleaning out. All got some gold. Maybe .25g? Never weighed it.
Great social day had by all.
1396827564_image.jpg

Great stuff mate, sounds like it was an enjoyable outing, can't wait to find my first colour! :p

Good to see you got back out there Marty.
Three months really feels like a year away from the creek. Nice bits of gold there also
Cheers
ChrisM

welcome back! wow 3 months....... id be panning out the driveway if i was away that long..... good to see some colour in the pan mate

Heading out for the first time tomorrow (for the year) since I am staying with the family in beechworth for a few days during school holidays.
First trip to the beechworth area, loving the food and wine so far. But tomorrow is gold day! Yay!
All I can hope for is that the rest of Victoria gets a good drenching as I hear that creswick remains bone dry.

Happy hunting all.

Looks like you had a good day out.

Thanks guys. Was great to get out for a bit.

I think I got the itch already & hoping to do a few early morning stints now that we get an extra hour of daylight.
Be at the creek at 6, pan till 9 then be home half hour later & still get a decent days work in afterwards...

Haha love the priority order there. I love Tuesday for that very reason, arvo start at work, clearly my least productive day on the payroll.

Latest posts