⭐ Show Us Your Cut Stones - Before And After Photos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got some of that material and cut like a dozen or so. Quite easy to work with, looks great for sure. Is that piece Old mine, or recent noodling?

I am not as productive as KingSolomon, nor as good and by far, but I've cut a few things recently.
A Yowah Opal, I start to like that stuff:
1426823964_yowah_opal.jpg

A freeform white topaz from QLD (I wanted to see if I could keep the shape of the rough and do something that looks OK):
1426824026_freeform_topaz.jpg

1426824041_freeform_topaz_-_2.jpg

And the one still on the dop, a small Hart's range garnet. I have plenty of the stuff, but all quite small (KingS, if you want some, send a message, I can share):
1426824247_garnet_simple_bar.jpg

Nice work GP, that Topaz looks great, those Yowah Opals are really interesting also, I guess every one would be unique, great natural patterns in them. That Garnet is a very nice colour, quite blood Red.

Yeah, the opal had very nice natural features, I just had to follow the shape and try to have some fire here and here.
I'll try to do real pictures with the dslr and decent lights, the iphone is not the best for this.

Wow mate ,I love that one one the bottom ,that beauty of a cut is so 3D......it almost looks like you have carved it .supernice work ,I am wondering if that cut on a sapphire would give the same affect?

A Topaz Kingsolomon cut for me, picked it up yesterday, only a small one at 1.4ct but looks fantastic, almost as sparkly as a Diamond, was hard to get a decent pic, this pic is pretty poor compared to how the stone really looks. I think it would look better in a ring though. Either way it's a beautiful stone.

1427493400_20150328_085014.jpg

Cheers T, I'm very happy with it, he's doing a couple of Sapphs for me pretty soon also, saw 1 he just finished for a mate from Inverell and it looked great too. He is becoming a bit of a master at faceting in such a short period of time. :)

Latest posts