⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popped my gold cherry today!

After about 30 hours of detecting time this is my first little piece. So overjoyed, no idea what the weight is because I hadn't even bought scales yet!

Attachments

• 1650526583846250347948937874758.jpg
    1650526583846250347948937874758.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1650526611280304365538831410238.jpg
    1650526611280304365538831410238.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Popped my gold cherry today!

After about 30 hours of detecting time this is my first little piece. So overjoyed, no idea what the weight is because I hadn't even bought scales yet!
Great work , that first nugget is the best. At a guess I would say around half a gram, give or take 2 grams. If it was mine ide say .35grams.
Well done beautiful colour.

Xadz regardless of size, you tell me how much did that lovely little piece of yellow spur you on? A buz hey?
Just seen your a Paky bloke ? Would know mates of mine lived there for decades when Nestle was still Nestle lol

Last edited:
I've been to the other side--no Angels singing with opening arms .In my case no Devils with horns on their heads -just complete silence ,,,,,Until they broke my ribs trying the CPR , I think they did 7 Defibs before i woke and said where am I. My brain was goodeven after several minutes without oxygen, God bless Medics/Parameds as well. There is no grass that i could see,

Very sexy 👙 b, e, a , utiful .
Now, the quarts is smooth , would you say it glacial pre gold or formed that way from molten quarts or maybe pushed through the clay from great depths never a part of big quarts reefs oooorrrrrrr is river worn post gold attaching ?

Now, the quarts is smooth , would you say it glacial pre gold or formed that way from molten quarts or maybe pushed through the clay from great depths never a part of big quarts reefs oooorrrrrrr is river worn post gold attaching ?
Hi aussiefarmer. I would say just knocked and rounded by tumbling action in river gravels. Gold is very malleable and can be rounded very easily. Gold is heavy and difficult to move so lighter yet harder material will move at a different rate causing abrasion action between the two with the softer gold being rounded more. Quartz is a lot harder than gold yet even it can be rounded after eons of abrasion. Here is a pic of quartz gravel that has been rounded by tumbling in a river or possibly even a shoreline by wave action. Any gold in that gravel should be very smoothed and it is. The picture is of the subbasaltic gravels at Happy Valley.
571F83AA-3DEB-47B7-9CB6-6696EE4E2432.jpeg

Last edited:

I think this is reef gold that has broken away as the parent rock broke down then it spent a considerable amount of time tumbling down stream.

Latest posts